Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Figuring Things Out [CAROLINE LIVINGSTON | Closed]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Figuring Things Out [CAROLINE LIVINGSTON | Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Figuring Things Out [CAROLINE LIVINGSTON | Closed]

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:30 pm

At the lost weight on her shoulder, she turned to look at him. She had one person who knew the pain she suffered in its entirety, and one person who had a tiny glimpse of it. He even looked like he was sharing some of the sadness with her, just like her grandmother did whenever the topic arose between them, which was becoming ever more rare, since all it did was cause worry and pity. Which was something she couldn't stand. Her hand reached out to grab his shoulder.

"It was more awful than you could ever imagine. But don't you ever pity me for it, you got that? I'm not a child anymore. I do not startle so easily, and I know better than to let their darkness take me in." Her tone softened and her hand moved to his chin. "What you and Kyo have may not be official, or even very clear on both ends, but the fact that you have the possibility to make it clear to him is a blessing that shouldn't be missed. Don't waste these words on me, not that I don't totally want to hear them, but say them to Kyo instead. The fact that he didn't pull away when you kissed him probably means something. Even if he's stubborn, you be just as stubborn right back." A contented sigh was given and a tilted smile tossed up on her features.

"I don't promise that everything will be okay. I'm probably the last person you should be asking for relationship advice. But you're my little Duckling, and I care about you, so even if your heart gets broken, or hopefully, when it doesn't, I'll always be right here to give you that questionably valid relationship advice." Her thumb reached to pull out his lip from between his teeth. "Worrying does nothing, you do what you can and you don't regret a single thing. Got it?"
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Figuring Things Out [CAROLINE LIVINGSTON | Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Figuring Things Out [CAROLINE LIVINGSTON | Closed]

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 pm

I glanced down at her hand when it reached for my shoulder but I didn't pull away. In fact I simply let her talk, looking back at her as she spoke. I nodded when prompted, and even let her help to end the worried expression that had taken over my features. The brows knit in worry still remained, though, and the thought that maybe it's the nicest people that had the hardest secrets to talk about. But there was no pity.

I was even starting to get used to the nickname.

I just kept nodding, smiling back and even offering a little laugh. Me, asking for relationship advice, in an insane asylum. This could be a novel.

I waited for her to finish speaking before I sighed softly, even hearing the little waver in the sound before I swallowed deeply. Don't regret, don't worry... I could try that, maybe.

"... He makes my heart pound," I mumbled softly, a little gentle admittance slipping into the room. "I've never actually..." My voice trailed off before I shook my head and shifted my gaze back up to meet Caroline's.

"You're brave. Really. Don't let anyone in this place change you, okay?" Offering her a soft smile, I nodded in affirmation of my words.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:14 am

"Neither have I. Love is weird, man." Raising an eyebrow, she grinned. She stood, stretching, not really caring if he saw the scars on her or not anymore. Hadn't divulged everything, certainly hadn't needed to. Still, it felt good. To be honest with herself, with others, was almost freeing. Earning the title of bravery from someone else, being asked not to change, that was a fucking marvelous feeling.

"Count on it. Do you want something? Like flowers or colored pencils? Because I could tell you were dying to add color to my tattoo, but you couldn't without, you know, color." Her words were rushed, lively, and she wasn't sure when she'd last felt this good. Maybe when Matthew fixed her hair for her, that came kind of close. "Flowers would be lilies at first, pretty dull, mostly white, but pretty. I'll make sure to pick out the good blooms from the obligatory garden for you." She felt like she had to go, wanted to run, but this time in an elated fashion.

"Stuffed cat? Or, wait, would you rather a dog? Oh! What does Kyo like? I'll get him something, too. He's probably one of the few patients I just never run into, because he's off doing something and I don't work nights. Oh mon dieu! I just want to meet the man that makes my little Duckling so happy!"
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:41 am

Love? Nah... Nah. I was about to speak up, to say something in response, but when I saw the scars I stopped, brows furrowing. However I didn't mention them, not knowing if it was something I could freely speak about. But when I was asked if wanted anything I blinked, cocking my head.

"Do I... Colored pencils would be great, actually," I said, not sure what else to ask for. Flowers? She was offering me flowers? I... I guess I could handle some flowers. It'd give me something new to draw at the very least. But now what was she talking about? Stuffed cat? Stuffed dog?

"I like dogs," I said, smiling. As for Kyo... "Kyo's not really a stuffed animal person," I said softly, not able to hide the chuckle that slipped out. "He's... He likes music." I shrugged, not sure what else to offer. Kyo was far too against talking about himself.

But at least Caroline seemed much happier.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 am

"Dog it is, then, and lilies, and colored pencils." A tiny giggle found her ears. "Music for Kyo, too. Maybe a little duckling." Her hands met her hips and she looked expectantly at Jiho. "I can't stay here all day, you know. Come give me a hug and then I'm going."

Caroline did take note that he didn't mention the scars. Jiho was a good kid, and she really valued that. It didn't feel like he belonged there, but that guy didn't beat his own head in. It was best not to offer Jiho promises of early releases. Especially when that wasn't her call. He knew what he did, and he knew, to a point, he belonged here. But after today's talk, after mentioning Mori, of all people, a part of her did want to see him gone, if only for his own safety. Or maybe just Mori needed to go.

Even so, that still left Kyo as a person she needed to meet, and she wasn't sure how he would react to her. Caroline was more than ready to give out gifts that were appropriate, but that didn't seem to be something the other man cared about and that made her kind of nervous.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:10 am

I shook my head as I laughed. "I don't think he'll get the duckling thing," I replied, rolling my eyes. At the mention of the hug I quirked a brow, not really sure how to respond. I wasn't usually a hug person, but... I guess I could make an exception.

Just once, though.

I stood, giving the woman in front of me a little hug and even managing a smile. Thank god there was someone here that wasn't a complete piece of shit. In fact, she was pretty much the exact opposite.

I was pretty sure Kyo would appreciate music, too. I would have given him my radio if this hadn't happened, anyway. I wasn't sure how he was going to react to the ray of sunshine that was Caroline, but we'd see I supposed.

"... Thanks," I said softly.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 am

"Oh come on, you're freakishly tall, too? Seriously? Everyone here makes me feel so tiny." She snickered. It hadn't truly bothered her, of course. The knowledge that she was a couple inches shorter than she probably should be lingered in the back of her mind somewhere, but it never impaired her. Her cabinets at home were pretty short, and any cups she used were often in the front where he could easily reach them, anyway. If she needed something around the office, there were plenty of chairs for her to use.

"Kyo's... nice, right? Like, he's not going to attack me or anything? Oh! Nearly forgot!" She handed him his sketchbook, minus the picture of her. It really was going to go on her fridge, and her grandmother would definitely enjoy it. "You can give me the tattoo picture when it's all done being colored." Her eyes scanned Jiho's face.

"Stay safe, okay? Don't go picking any fights, especially with Mori. Promise?" She warned, using her near-motherly tone on him.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:46 am

I shrugged. "I wouldn't call it freakishly tall," I replied, grinning at her. "Pretty tall though, yeah." I had always been pretty tall for my age. And people were usually pretty surprised with my height considering I was Asian and stereotypes were stupid but popular. When Caroline asked about Kyo I thought for a moment.

"He's not going to attack you," I said, eyes narrowed as I thought. "But... He's not touchy, or really talkative. He's... kind of antisocial, I guess," I added. "Plus, like I said, he doesn't think he's good at anything. And I can't get him to admit that there's gotta be something." I sighed softly. "But he doesn't deserve to be stuck in here - he's not crazy at all. Or anything."

There was a moment where I smirked at her next statement, eyes narrowed mischievously before I chuckled and nodded. "I won't pick a fight, I promise. I'll be fine."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:16 am

A worried sigh departed from her chest at the mention of Kyo's antisocial ways. Antisocial was not unheard of at Acropolis, and it never really stopped her before. Still, it meant a barrier she'd have to try and at least make some progress through, and she wasn't sure how to do that when someone who he actually liked couldn't even get through, but that was a different concern for a different time.

"Good." She affirmed, a grin following his promise. "I take my promises very seriously, you know." Reaching for the door, she pulled it open. "See you later, Duckling, you're welcome, yadda yadda yadda..." she trailed off, giving a slight wave as she let the door close behind her, going back to her work.

Which now included relationship advice, apparently.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2