Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoned Out [CLOSED]

2 posters

Go down

Zoned Out [CLOSED] Empty Zoned Out [CLOSED]

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I hadn't walked into the room with the television and couches yet, and once I did I could guess why.

Where it was situated made it tricky to find, and it was pretty much deserted with the exception of a couple of people playing cards way in the corner. If I had to guess they were probably gambling for something, but I didn't feel like asking. They kept looking back over their shoulders at me and it made me feel uneasy so instead I just sat down on one of the couches, pleased with the fact that it was actually pretty comfortable. I turned the television on, keeping it low and mostly just there for background noise as I thumbed pretty aimlessly through an out of date magazine sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

As drab as this room was it was nice how secluded it was, and after a while of not reading the magazine in my hands I tossed it back on the table, leaning back against the couch and propping my feet up as I flipped through the stations. Nothing horror, which sucked because that was my favorite - they probably blocked that because it was a trigger or something to some people. No interesting dramas, a few boring documentaries, a music program... A music program? I stopped on that one, zoning out and once again going for another magazine.

I'd have to come back to this little room, it was pretty chill.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Zoned Out [CLOSED] Empty Re: Zoned Out [CLOSED]

Post by Gives Light Raphael Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:38 am

Of all the places he could have sat, Raphael chose to sit next to the boy on the couch. Not uncomfortably close but it was sure to arouse suspicion. The man smelled of incense, a woodsy-smokey scent that was pleasant enough. His hair was parted into two thick plaits that fell over each shoulder while a chain of turquoise and silver slung around his neck. Small, downy feathers from an unknown bird species tucked into the bands that held his braids intact. All he needed was a buckskin breechclout, maybe some face paint and he would have come straight out of a cheesy cowboy flick.

He busied himself with the tote bag he carried which was full of what looked like books with a metal spiral bindings. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he looked up with a sour face. "Hi. How are you?" his calloused hand extended.
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 am

I hated it when people just assumed I wanted to chat with them. Moreso when they just sat next to me and figured that I was the most friendly person in the room. Well actually, considering the only other people were tucked into the corner, maybe that assumption was correct. Still, I looked down at the man - doctors? - hand, lips pursed in thought before I took his hand in a firm but wary shake.

"Just awesome," I replied, brow raised almost incredulously before pulling my hand back. It was clear from my flat tone that I was not, in fact, doing awesome, but it was a pretty moot point now. I was never doing awesome. Not really.

But in any case it was decent of him to ask.

I looked at him for a second before glancing down at his notebooks, then back up. "You a doctor?" I asked, deciding not to comment on the other man's state of dress and choice of accessory. It was odd to say the least.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 am

"Hmm? Oh... yeah." That pristine white coat of his was absent. He had been running outdoors and must have left it in his office. That caused a deeper frown and a partial feeling of nakedness. "Raphael Gives Light," he recovered and introduced himself, dropping his title. Light brown eyes regarded the boy openly and unapologetically, scrutinizing him and coming to silent conclusions. Using a system known only to himself, he chose one of the notebooks from the tote. A plain black cover with thick, blank pages. "What's your name?"
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:07 am

"It depends. Are you just going to examine me again?" I asked, letting out a huff of a sigh before thinking for a second. I guess I could be nice for the moment - after all, he hadn't been mean or anything. I was just being an asshole for no reason. I shook my head.

"Sorry. My name's Jiho," I said, letting my head fall back against the couch and looking at the ceiling. Wow, why was I acting like an ass all of a sudden? I was being snippy... To a guy that actually seemed like he might be okay.

Maybe I just had a lot on my mind.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:54 am

"Nice to meet you, Jiho," he stated matter-of-factly while opening the notebook to the first unblemished and spotless page. He pursed his lips a minute while twisting his hips until he sat facing the kid. "Nope, not going to examine you. At least not in the way you might be thinking. You like music?" He gestured with a nod towards the television. "I've heard you listen to the radio now and then too. You seem like you're a creative guy, right?" He popped the cap off a marker using his teeth and wrote in scribbly letters "Jiho" on the inside cover. He paused a moment to make sure the boy took it in before snapping the notebook shut and presenting it to him. "I want you to draw me pictures. I don't care what your subject matter is, just draw. I want at least one drawing a day and I'll be visiting you to make sure that happens. Sound fair?"
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:15 pm

I took the notebook with a still raised brow, flipping it over between my hands a few times. This guy was... Odd, to say the least. Draw him pictures? Well it was an easy enough assignment, though, and drawing could be fun. I guess I could humor him for a while. What else did I have to do?

"Sure, I can draw for you," I said, still looking at the notebook. There was a long silence where I tried to figure out something to say but eventually I looked up, meeting the doctor's gaze with a questioning look.

"Are you... Do you want me to start now? Today?" I asked, playing with the cover of the notebook absently.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:51 pm

His lips pulled into a small wolfish grin as he watched the boys reaction, lingering on his fingers as they danced over the cover. This could be a good way for Jiho to express himself in a more non violent way. He let a great stretch of silence span between them before he offered up a yellow box of 64 unused crayons, "Today would be great."

The persistent beeping of his pager interrupted. He made an apologetic face, then clapped the boy on the shoulder, nodded a silent thank you for taking up his time and stood up. "Ah, one other thing, Jiho..." Raphael shifted until he able to fish an object from his pocket. "I finished this last week and thought it should belong to you."

Placed in the boys hands was a thin flute carved from the bone of a large bird of prey. It had three holes and a leather cord tied to one end. The Shoshone simply called it a Plains Flute, a simple instrument with a clear and haunting tone. It didn't take any fancy lip positions or particular talent to play which made it an ideal tool for encouragement.

"Practice making noise for now. If you decide you want to learn, I'll teach you a few songs."
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 pm

... Okay, this guy was odd.

Still, he was giving me stuff so who was I to judge? And it was even pretty cool stuff, and I'd never seen a flute like this before. I looked it over, thinking to myself as I absently placed fingers over holes, quietly inspecting the instrument and mostly ignoring the doctor's beeper. At least I had shit to keep me occupied for now, though I focused more on the notebook than the flute for now.

I assumed he was on his way out as he clearly had some other engagement and I opened the book, idly doodling a dragon as I pursed my lips. It ended up looking a lot like Kyo's dragon tattoo but that was alright. If I saw something once, as long as I didn't black out and with as much as I studied that piece of art, I could remember it. I smiled to myself.

Maybe this would be pretty fun.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down