Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quiet Morning [Closed | Mori]

2 posters

Go down

A Quiet Morning [Closed | Mori] Empty A Quiet Morning [Closed | Mori]

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Cadeyrn wasn't fond of venturing into the break room and only did so if he had no other option.  That morning he had, unfortunately, forgotten his coffee, something that was vital to his ability to functional like a decent human being.  Thus he found himself brewing the far cheaper blend available in the break room, a look of annoyance on his features as he watched the pot fill.  Normally he was not prone to distraction so he was doubly irritated at himself for being careless in his morning ritual.  

However his mood lifted slightly once he had a steaming cup of black coffee and had sunk down into a chair to savor his hard-won prize.  His night had been restless and his focus had scattered as he'd prepared for work, leaving him at the office only half prepared.  He'd even left a few important papers back at his residence, something which would make the rest of his day difficult and his work load the next day borderline unbearable.

"Isn't that what nurses are supposed to be for anyways?" Cadeyrn muttered, pulling a slender book from his pocket; Siddhartha by Hesse.  "Otherwise what good are they?"

Despite his disgruntled comment, Cadeyrn opened his book to where the bookmark rested, taking a sip of his coffee and sighing softly.  He was already beginning to feel more alert and less irritable, more eager for the day and for his patients, than he had previously.  Perhaps after two or three cups he might even become pleasant, but that was to be seen.

Last edited by Tighe Cadeyrn on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Morning [Closed | Mori] Empty Re: A Quiet Morning [Closed | Mori]

Post by Haru Mori Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Ugh the morning. Also known as Mori's nap-time wake up. He didn't sleep enough, so instead he took small power naps precariously balanced throughout his day to accommodate his never-ending synapses.

And now he had a mighty need for caffeine, surprisingly. He was dressed nicely enough, though he wasn't wearing a lab coat at the moment. A rare sight indeed. A lightweight cardigan was buttoned over a plain black shirt, accommodating his choice of pants for the day. Dark as well. His shoes were typical dress shoes, like all of the doctors seemed to wear.

When he was this tired, his guard was somewhat down. Or rather, he didn't fucking care about anyone, and his fuse was seemingly shorter. Pushing his way into that break room which he found himself in more and more lately, he paused to look at the other. Yep, didn't know him. He walked right past him, to the fridge and pulled out creamer, settling it roughly on the counter. He brought his own cup, which was casually being fingered over in his left hand. Longer strides placed him in front of the cabinet next, where he pulled out sugar and a stir-stick.

And lastly the coffee. It had clearly just brewed, but the doctor quickly reached out for the pot and dumped it down the sink. He glanced over at the male lounging in the chair. That was probably his. Once the last bit of it dripped down the drain, the long-haired Asian spoke up. "Oops." He placed the pot back under the machine and began to pour different amounts of powder into the filter, making a different smelling aroma.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Cadeyrn looked up when he heard someone enter the break room, his eyebrows lifting at the sight of one of the doctors he had yet to meet. Then again he hadn't really properly introduced himself to most of the staff, mostly due to the fact that he had no real reason to interact with anyone he didn't deem to be useful to him. He watched the other man move, lips quirking a little as his eyes slid over the man's shoulders, the concealed musculature of his back, then lower. It was rare for him to find an attractive doctor at the establishments he had previously been employed out, so this was a rare treat.

One single red eyebrow lifted as he watched the other man dump out the coffee, his lips quirking a little and his tone deadpan. "What a tricky coffee pot."

Obviously neither of them scared for mornings before they'd had their daily dose of caffeine, something which made his small smile broaden a little. Cadeyrn tucked his bookmark between the pages of his book, gently setting it aside and reached for his mug of coffee, turning slightly in his seat. He continued to watch the other man for a few long moments before he spoke up, letting a hint of his accent slip; a little Irish charm slip.

"I don't believe we've been introduced." Cadeyrn began, his grin shifting into a smirk. "Though if you'd prefer to remain anonymous I can always come up with something to call you, I suppose."
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Mori most definitely didn't find himself attractive, so that would have come as news to him, had it been spoken aloud.

He wasn't expecting the other male to respond to his utterly rude gesture. He didn't look over his shoulder, but he did nod. "You have no idea." He continued to mix just the right amount of coffee in the filter, before choosing to brew just a little over a single cup. As it began to heat up and steam, the lithe male leaned against the counter. He had no desire for idle chit chat, but apparently it was in his future anyway.

He heard the other rustling about, until his accent slipped through and he spoke up. "Probably not." Mori didn't know anyone. When he continued though, the doctor turned around, arms folded over his chest. Now that was interesting. "Anonymous?" He pushed stray long strands of hair from his face. "I wish it were that simple." He paused. "Doctor Mori." He looked the male up and down briefly, before turning back towards his coffee pot, giving the other his backside instead of a formal handshake.

Well done.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 pm

No wonder neither of them had met. This doctor seemed just as antisocial, if not even more so, than Cadeyrn himself was. After all the only people he was ever really interested in were those whose minds were fascinating or held potential and most people fell horribly short. This doctor though, he was certainly intriguing.

"Doctor Mori." he responded, giving a short nod, resisting the urge to chuckle when the other man turned around. However the name did spark his memory a little, leaving him canting his head to the side. "A pleasure to meet you. I'm Doctor Tighe. I believe I've seen your name somewhere... Can't remember where, however. Perhaps it was on some paperwork..."

Seeing someone's name on paperwork typically meant that they shared a patient. Admittedly that was very likely since he currently was in the process of tending to all of the new patients as the only active Psychiatrist. He'd find out soon enough when he went through the patients' paperwork over the next few days; now that he knew the doctor's name it would stand out to him.

"Are you always this charming or am I just... A special case?" Cadeyrn teased, amusement clear in his voice; he probably shouldn't antagonize the staff but he couldn't help himself.
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:59 pm

The doctor scoffed briefly, his fingers still dancing over the plastic of his thermos cup. Speaking up, he threw back his snarky attitude, just like he did with everyone else. "That would seem logical, wouldn't it? Considering I'm a doctor?" The name on his paperwork, that is. After all, he did work.

As the coffee finished, he pulled the glass pot out from underneath, looking at the murky brown liquid. He poured it directly into his thermos without another thought. He did manage a chuckle when the other doctor spoke up about his charm. Gliding across the floor, the doctor rinsed out the pot and replaced it, moving instead to grab that bottle of creamer. And he proceeded to mix himself one of the least black cups of coffee one has likely ever seen.

"I exude charm. As you call it." He sneered as he spoke, finishing off his coffee with a barrel of sugar, before putting it all away. He was rather neat, when not on anything. That could change. He used that wooden stick to mix it all together, before bringing the thermos to his lips, finally turning back towards the opposing doctor while he blew on the liquid.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:33 pm

"Logic doesn't set in until cup number two at least." Cadeyrn retorted, taking another sip of his coffee. "Shame you dumped out the coffee."

Abrasive, attractive, intelligent, and resistant to social interaction.  These were all things that drew Cadeyrn to a person like a fly to honey, something that would most likely cause a bit of tension between them.  Unfortunately the Psychiatrist was far too tired to really care about aggravating his coworkers.  Not that he was ever above poking at another individual until he got some form of emotional or physical response, but he would certainly have been much more charming and subtle about it under better conditions.  

"You exude a lot of things." Cadeyrn responded, his voice lowering and his eyes going heavy lidded as he looked the other man over, from the front this time.  "Many of them rather endearing.  Admittedly I believe further analysis may be necessary due to our brief interactions thus far."
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 am

To his comment, Mori smirked and shook his head. "You cannot call that coffee." He gestured to whatever the other doctor was drinking. "I did you a favor." But he left none of his seemingly better batch for the other male.

His lips curled around the edge of the cup before he took a sip, hissing slightly. Still too hot. Though the doctor couldn't help but scoff loudly when he was called by that word. "Endearing, hmm?" He looked at the other male, catching that rather sultry look in his eyes. Eyebrows arched, listening to him continue. Fantastic, someone else to bother him on his free time.

"You know nothing about me." The doctor continued to blow on that coffee, stirring it with that small stick in his other hand. "I'd rather you not. I don't have time to give you..." He looked the male over and smirked. "Whatever it is you're hoping to find in me." He continued to blow on that cup of coffee, before tossing that stick into the nearby trash can and making it. Too bad he didn't care.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:02 pm

"I'm not certain that there's anything here that is coffee by my standards, but caffeine is caffeine." he answered simply, shrugging his shoulders, lips quirking a little. "So noble of you, saving me from poor-quality coffee."

Cadeyrn had to resist the urge to chuckle at how quick the other man was to rebuff his advances.  Honestly it was refreshing for someone not to respond with blushing and eye batting and it, sadly, did little to dissuade him.  Quite the contrary, now Cadeyrn was even more intrigued by his new acquaintance; he always did enjoy a challenge, after all.

"I can't help but be intrigued." Cadeyrn elaborated, his smile still relaxed and pleasant.  "As a psychiatrist it's this-" he reached up, gently tapping the side of his own head. "-to be the most interesting a feature of a person.  Though the packaging is certainly a bonus in this case.  I find you to be oddly refreshing, honestly."

Suddenly a thought occurred to him and he brightened, his smile broadening a little. "Ah, I remember where I saw your name.  You are Kyo Niishimura's doctor, aren't you?  Quite an interesting patient, that one, isn't he?"
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:59 am

A smirk curled up the corners of Mori's lips when the other called him noble, and agreed about the coffee. It was terrible.

intrigued? Haru started at the male, absentmindedly running his tongue against the roof of his mouth in slight pain. The doctor did agree with the other at his statement about the mind being the most interesting feature, but he made no move to show it. At his words, Mori took another sip of his coffee.

He was being hit on.

This never fucking happened, and he really didn't know how to respond, so he simply kept up his façade. He made no move to thank the other, or address his compliment in any way, but he did respond to his statement about Kyo. "I am." He scoffed a bit as he looked down into his cup. "Interesting? Not yet." He shrugged. The other Asian male didn't strike him as that, but by the time he was done with him, he would be.

Oh yes he would.

And why was the doctor still in the room? He glanced about for a moment, making sure his mess was cleaned up completely, before taking another drink. Idle chit-chat was not his favorite thing.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:20 am

Cadeyrn's eyebrows lifted a little in renewed interest, his fingers running over the handle of his coffee cup absently.  He tilted his head slightly, giving the other man a calculating and contemplative look, wondering what to say when it came to Kyo.  Honestly, he had been fishing for a reaction with the information but what he had received had been inconclusive, something mildly frustrating.  However that made him simply want to keep digging, to see if he could glean anything from this doctor or if future efforts would be wasted.

"I agree." Cadeyrn watched the other man, looking for any reaction; even he gave up eventually. "It'll be interesting to see how he develops in our sessions together... Since he requested a re-evaluation."

He climbed to his feet and grabbed his cup, heading over to the sink to rinse it out. As he rinsed out the coffee residue he continued to speak, raising his voice a little over the sound of running water. "Though I suppose if his re-evaluation proves that he is indeed sane that your schedule will be much clearer.  After all it seems that a few of our doctors' work ethics are lacking as of late and I'm sure you would appreciate a lighter workload."

Cadeyrn's lips curved up in a devious grin as he retrieved a towel, turning to regard the doctor as he dried his mug. "Though if there are things you would like me to.... Take into consideration...  I'm sure I could be convinced to reconsider my diagnosis at the end of said re-evaluation."
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Mori's eyes narrowed at the other man. Raising his cup to his lips, the doctor pointed a single digit at him. "How do you agree? You just started telling me how interesting he was." He made a slight face at the other. Don't be fucking cryptic.

To his statement, the doctor blinked slowly at him. "And how do you figure my schedule will clear up?" Haru smirked. "Just because you sign off on his mental health, doesn't mean I will." After all, it took a hell of a lot more than one signature to get a patient out of this hospital; and Mori wasn't about to give his up.

The Asian male gave the other a side-glance. "I don't know what you're talking about." The doctor put on the most placid face his could muster as he spoke. "You can give him whatever sort of diagnosis as your practice sees fit." Mori grinned and inclined his head to the male, pushing off the counter with his rear and taking another drink. "I don't give a fuck."

Boy was he sassy in the morning. He made his way out of the break room, speaking over his shoulder as he walked. "See you later, psychiatrist." He didn't wave or anything else of the sort, before he nudged that door open with his hip, taking his leave.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 am

Cadeyrn offered Doctor Mori the most pleasant smile he could conjure before he'd had his full dose of caffeine, his eyes heavy lidded. It was far too early to judge the other man so he simply hummed softly and looked contemplative as he dried his coffee cup. After all the doctor was the one he was most intrigued with at the moment, especially considering how abrasive and anti-social he seemed. Mori was certainly just as interesting as some of the more unusual patients in the Asylum.

"True, but I believe that there are some who will take undue amounts of notice into such a... Discrepancy." Cadeyrn mused, feigning concern as he tilted his head back. "Inquiries are so... Annoying."

He chuckled, the sound deep and full, at the doctor's next comment, shooting him and amused look as he moved back to the table he'd been seated at. He plucked up his book and settled in his seat again, looking horribly entertained by their exchange. "Don't worry, Doctor, I'm always very thorough."

There was a hint of innuendo there but he doubted the other man was interested judging from his reactions; ah, well, there was always another day he supposed. After all he doubted either of them would be leaving Acropolis in the foreseeable future, not when it was so full of promise. Unfortunately it seemed that that was where the similarities between them ended. It was a shame, really, because he really wanted to learn what made the doctor tick, so to speak.

"Yes, you will, Doctor." Cadeyrn responded, flipping his book back open; after all, he still had a few hours to spare.
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:55 pm

The doctor listened carefully to the words that the other spoke to him on his way out. Mulling over his words carefully in his mind, he decided not to answer. He did make a small sound in response though. He was not deaf, after all. Inquiries... he didn't care. It took several small notes from him, or any other doctor to say that Kyo was actually not okay physically, and anyone looking into it would give up.

He was always very thorough, huh? The doctor actually smirked at that, for god knows what reason. Maybe he didn't believe him. Or maybe the male actually understood perversion when he heard it? No one would ever know.

The Asian spared one last sideways glance at the Psychiatrist before taking his leave, pushing open that door and letting it slam behind him when he left.

He had work to do.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down