Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strolling [CLOSED]

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Strolling [CLOSED] Empty Strolling [CLOSED]

Post by Woo Jiho Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm

This courtyard was actually pretty okay looking, I guess.

I sighed, looking around at the few people who were outside and people-watching from my spot near the corner. Usually I'd be the first to make a scene, but today was different. Today I was getting used to everything. Today I was trying to catch up on the little amount of sleep I'd gotten the night before. I'd heard someone screaming somewhere in the hall, and after screaming at whoever it was loud enough to get reprimanded, I just laid in bed and tried to block it out.

If the circles under my eyes weren't enough to show my attempts had failed, the fact that I had almost fallen asleep while eating earlier certainly was.

"This place fucking blows," I mumbled, arms crossed over my chest. I saw a few of the attendants scattered around the perimeter of the courtyard and I mentally noted the spots they looked at the most, eyes narrowed. "I need a cigarette."

Last edited by Woo Jiho on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Strolling [CLOSED] Empty Re: Strolling [CLOSED]

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 pm

I was probably the person that had been screaming my throat raw, keeping the other inmates and doctors alike up until absurd hours of the night. I didn’t belong here. They weren’t going to get away with this. The shit in my brain? Worked just fine, thank you very much. In fact, I had to be sedated after my arrival… apparently they were ‘done with my lies’. I remember being physically strapped to my bed because I had been throwing such a fit. Don’t I at least get a lawyer to check out my mental health? Clear a damn test or something like that??

Today though, I was silent. Mostly because I very quickly learned that if I continued to throw such wild fits, I wasn’t going to help prove my case any. Besides. My voice was now terribly hoarse. Fine, you win, Acropolis. For now. I’d play your stupid games for a few days until you all realized that I had been wrongly admitted. Maybe I could sue the fuck out of this hospital. That would be nice, then I wouldn’t have to steal to scrape by anymore.

Tucked away in the farthest corner of the open air I sat, trying to at least let a good dose of vitamin C to make me feel better. Alone, nursing a chilled water bottle in pathetic efforts to try and soothe my throat. I felt like I was in prison. Minus the ugly jumpsuits of course. Everywhere I looked was fenced off, as if they – we – were a bunch of animals they couldn’t trust to let loose. Staff stopped by hourly to do check ins, we had scheduled meal time… I kept telling myself that it was only for a couple of days. As soon as the nurses started their rounds of asking questions, I’m sure they’d learn that I didn’t belong. My own dark, almond shaped eyes scanned the courtyard and the bodies ambling around, some looking just as worn for the wear as I was.

Not going to lie, the prospect of being housed with a bunch of crazies sort of terrifies me.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Some people just seemed so... worn. Some were worse than others, though, and despite wanting to keep my distance from some of them I offered a few a silent nod in greeting, finally stepping from my spot in the corner just to head to another corner for a different view. The outside was a bit better than inside - at least it was less dreary and clinical.

I saw one of the nurse's eyes following me but I just kept on walking, eventually noticing someone else that seemed to be tucked away in a corner just like I had been. I couldn't help it - even one sane person in this whole animal house would help ease the stress of being cooped up.

Head cocked, I stopped a foot away, one brow quirked.

"Hey... You alive over here?" I asked, taking a look at the nurses nearby to make sure they weren't being too nosy. "You look just as tired as I feel..." I glanced back down, frowning slightly. He looked... Maybe a bit more tired than me...
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:58 am

I paid no real attention to any of my surroundings, wide, dark eyes seeming to stare intently even though I was zoning out, lost to the vortex of silent thoughts racing through my head. My hands worked that water bottle in my grip too, the quiet sound of crumpling plastic hardly even noted in my absentminded state. People crossed, coming and going, sitting and standing. I didn't move. At least, not until I realized there was a pair of feet stopped directly in front of me. Sharp eyes slowly lifted upwards, scanning the pair of legs connected to hips... and then up and over the torso, chest... and finally, meeting a face. It wasn't the face of staff either. Met with another pair of dark eyes and noting the circles underneath I idly wondered if it was like looking in a mirror.

At first, the words gracing my ears went unnoticed. The silent roar in my head kept me quite occupied, mentally telling myself over and over again that it would be okay. That these people were not to be trusted. It wasn't until I had stared dumbfounded at the other oriental for a few minutes that I realized the man had asked me a question.

"... hm?" Immediately I played back what my subconscious had clearly picked up while I had been daydreaming, shifting just enough to resituate my position. Inky dark orbs flickered to one side as well, my entire persona screaming distrust.

On the plus side... at least this guy wasn't trying to tell me some whacked out story. He must at least be a little sane. I scooted then, sliding my ass across the ledge where I had taken claim and providing room for the stranger to join me if he so wished. Distrustful, maybe. But I did have some manners. I tried to think of a reply that wouldn't sound as entirely depressed as I felt. "... didn't sleep well." I stated the obvious with a soft mutter. How anyone could sleep in a place like this was beyond me.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:32 am

Wow. Wow, someone who didn't immediately jump down my throat. This was a good way to start the day.

Still, this guy... Despite the fact that he was clearly exhausted, he looked so preoccupied with something. I didn't know what, but the delayed response made me question even coming up to talk to him. Finally hearing sane words grace my ears I let out a little sigh, standing for the moment and watching the smaller man in front of me move.

"Mm."

That was my only response at first. That and a nod was all I did to reply. Of course he didn't sleep - I hadn't slept either. Looking around at this place, no one had slept, and for good reason. Who really knew what went on behind these walls. It didn't matter, I was going to be gone soon. Good behavior, or good progress, or something. Fake the problem, fake getting better. They'd fall for it sooner or later.

Eventually I sat down, rolling my shoulders back in an attempt to make them crack and relieve some of the stiffness that had set in since the night before.

"Jiho. Is my name. Nice to meet a sane person cooped up in here," I mumbled, laughing to myself.

I'll trust this one. Just for now. If it came back to bite me in the ass later, then I'd change my tone. But for now... For now we'd just have to see how this went.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 pm

We clearly were men of many words. That little ‘Mm’ was hardly acknowledged past me since it really meant nothing, especially as the other still stood, staring down at my hunched over form seated on the warm concrete. Dropping my dark gaze again I returned to staring at the uninteresting spans of grass between my shoes, thoughtlessly wondering if a breeze would roll in later. Well that was a short lived conversation. Oh well. My brows furrowed somewhat before I lifted that bottle of water to cracked lips once more, helping my throat to a welcoming sip of cool, transparent liquid.

And then he actually did sit. I turned my attention slowly to one side, watching curiously as the other oriental slid into a slow position beside me. Now at a closer distance I looked the guy over once more, quietly assessing him in my mind, questions whirring inside. What was he in here for? What was wrong with him? How long had he been here, and when would he be released? If I asked any of these, would I be crossing any personal boundaries? Hah. I was far too nosy for my own good. Pursing pierced tiers together I twisted and untwisted the cap to my water bottle in anxiousness, the faint crinkling sound of plastic almost like a quiet reassurance to me in a world unknown.

Jiho huh. A small smirk tugged at the corners of my mouth at the other’s crack at humor, finding myself relaxing even if only in the slightest. Maybe he had been wrongly institutionalized as well. After all, if I had been myself, truly I cannot be the only one that has fallen into this trap… right?

“Kyo.” The single syllable fell softly from my lips, my hands struggling for half a second as if the fleeting debate of offering up a polite handshake ran through my mind and was quickly dismissed. We were hardly business men acting formal. I dropped my head again as I resumed toying with the drink in my hands. “Ironic… eh? A sane person in here.”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 pm

"Ironic? Maybe. Lucky I found someone to talk to? Oh yeah." I laughed, pushing my hair back and out of my face. I wasn't used to it being unstyled yet - usually it was held up by hairspray but that was in an aerosol can and could be used for something most likely ridiculous and so it wasn't allowed. I rolled my eyes at myself, eyes catching his - Kyo's - almost nervous habit of playing with the bottle in his hands.

There was a quiet wonder as to why this seemingly normal, albeit quiet, man was here slipped into my thoughts but I decided not to ask. I wasn't even sure what I would say if I got asked. I had just kind of lost my temper anyway, it was no big deal.

A moment of silence and I sighed, turning more so I was facing Kyo and crossing my legs so I was more comfortable.

"It's nice to meet you. Here's to a lasting partnership in this hellhole of a place." I laughed, eyes absently dragging over the smaller man in front of him.

He looked so introverted, so... So much like he didn't belong. It was so odd finding someone so... similar? It was very much like I was looking at someone I felt like I had already met somehow. It was honestly an odd feeling.

"So... How long have you been here?" I asked, taking in a deep breath and frowning at the sterile air I inhaled. Despite being outside I felt cramped, and the air itself didn't feel fresh. I glanced out at the fence, still frowning, before looking back at Kyo as I waited for an answer.

Maybe I just wasn't used to the air in here. Quietly I hoped I never would get used to it, though. I didn't want to turn into one of the glassy-eyed, blank drones I saw wandering around the building.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 am

Hn. My lips tugged upwards into that lopsided, faintly amused smirk once more, its very existence a delicate balance between tying to suppress the tiny hint of enjoyment and not wanting to entirely hide that I was a complete asshole either. Lucky was probably a good term, if this guy was as normal as he was coming off to me right now. A little bit of social activity to keep me from going completely mad would probably do a mind some good. As Jiho laughed like that my own smile lightened up a bit more too, just watching the way he carried himself and spoke with a sideways glance. At least somewhat more outgoing than I. No complaints through the moment of silence either, I obviously didn’t have much to talk about without going off on a tangent about how mad I was to even be here in the first fucking place. Instead I picked at the paper wrapping around the water bottle, branded with some cheap company’s logo until the sticky residue stated to gather underneath short fingernails.

And then Jiho was shifting to instead face me. I sat upright, turning my own head so that I wasn’t completely ignoring him. A quiet breath of a laugh escaped me even, feeling more reassured the more he chattered with me. A seemingly normal guy… in a hellhole of a place indeed. “Yea… it’s nice to meet you too.” I gave a rather bashful little smile then, twisting just a tad myself as I propped one leg up on the bench. I felt his eyes assessing me but I’d already done the same to him, so instead I took another drink off of my bottle as I was questioned again.

I cleared my throat. “Mm… twenty four hours, maybe.” I shrugged, going back to twisting the plastic lid of my nearly empty water and undoing the jagged teeth over and over again. “Hopefully I won’t be here for another twenty four.” I smirked, finally leaning back in a subconscious display that I was feeling a little more comfortable, opening up. “What abut you?”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:18 am

It was reassuring to see the little smile that greeted me as I spoke, and I silently replied with a smile of my own, simply pleased with the fact that I finally had a conversation that wasn't just a nurse telling me to be quiet and calm down. I hated that. Being told to calm down just pissed me off, and in a place like this getting angry wasn't the thing to do so I was trying to keep myself occupied. Talking to Kyo was a good way to do that.

His little mannerisms were fun to take in as well - the way he toyed with the bottle in his hands made me smile even more, and I caught myself constantly glancing to his hands when I heard the plastic crack or move in any way. When he shot a question my way however I looked up at him, leaning back a bit against the back of the bench and pursing my lips as I thought.

"A few days, I guess? Not long. It's so easy to lose track of time in here since I've barely slept." I frowned slightly at my own words, this time looking at my own hands. "I miss my bed."

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at my words, gaze once again centering on the man in front of me.

I had to find some enjoyment somewhere, and considering there was none to be found in food or sleep, finding a person to enjoy was the next step. This was just my own little miracle, I guessed.

"Trying to get out of here as quick as possible?" I asked, cocking my head slightly. "Join the club." I nodded, sighing softly and all but ignoring the few nurses that I knew were paying more attention to us than they needed to. It was like we were trying to plan an escape or something with how much they were keeping an eye on us, and it was starting to get on my nerves.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 pm

I had the fleeting thought that being so open about not even wanting to be here for two whole days might cause questions to arise… after all, what person with a mental condition would be in and out so quickly? However none really came, and inwardly, I was quite grateful. Who the hell would believe someone in saying ‘oh there’s nothing wrong with me’ when a quick look around proved that this was an institution. A twisted institution with greedy fingers, but nevertheless, I knew arguing my point would be moot at this point. I just had to wait until I was properly tested and came up sane.

Dark eyes returned to focusing on the Korean at my left as he replied though, hands still twisting that bottle cap pointlessly. Ah… I missed a good bed as well. Not that what I had was amazing, but anything was better than this. I mimicked the man’s downtrodden pout. “Mm… maybe they can prescribe you something to help.” After all, that was a doctor’s job, right? And this place was full of them… I’m sure they could hand out some Lunesta or some shit. In any case as he continued I now found my own curiosity nagging even greater, wondering if he had been wrongly impounded as well. I was completely oblivious to the nurse’s eyes on us a well, I hadn’t adjusted enough just yet to constantly be aware of all of the bodies around me just yet.

I couldn’t help it. I had to ask. Tipping my head to one side I ran a hand through cropped black locks thoughtlessly even though it did nothing to the style, peering almost carefully at the man before I dared question. “… Why are you here?”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:14 pm

"I don't trust any of the shit they give out here... I've heard the rumors about this place," I mumbled, still peering intently at the man's hands as they twisted the cap. The silence was deafening, now even moreso since we were surrounded by the blank tiles and bricks and the chain link. I lowered my voice as I spoke the last sentence, though, a nurse walking by and looking at me like I had already done something wrong. I dropped my head but kept my eyes on her, not speaking until she left us alone completely. Then I looked back to Kyo in front of me, again watching his hand as it ran through his hair.

There it was. Those were the words I'd been dreading, because I didn't have an answer. I didn't know what to say, so I sighed, head dropping as I pursed my lips.

"I... I don't really know," I mumbled, looking back up at the man in front of me, meeting his eyes and shrugging. "I was out drinking, then something happened, then I was in cuffs and being dragged out. There was a fight but... It was just a fight, I guess."

From what I remembered, I'd just punched some guy, that was it. Nothing bad had gone on. I was in the right because he'd started it.

".... I mean, maybe I took it too far in their opinion, but... It was nothing to get institutionalized for," I added thoughtfully, nodding to myself, reaffirming what I was saying.

I actually couldn't remember most of the night, just what the judge had told me. And maybe I was leaving out those details, but they weren't important. I had just been angry, that was all.

"So... I told my story..." I mumbled, looking up at Kyo expectantly.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:00 pm

He had a good point. I don’t know if I would trust any drugs that were passed out here either. I guess if one’s body gets tired enough, eventually they’ll collapse and sleep for a week. Right? Right. My own dark orbs flickered as the nurse made her hourly rounds, echoing Jiho’s silence and probably making the pair of us seated way back here look even more suspicious… but what did I care. Once she had cleared my attention returned to my new company, watching the way his head hung as soon and I had sprung the dreaded question. I probably was overstepping my boundaries, but hey. What else was there to talk about?

Our chocolate hues connected as he began, a single, sharp brow quirking skywards. Something. Could be the aftermath of having drank too much, or maybe he’s got… blackout issues. Heh. Wouldn’t that be creepy? I’d hope for the first. I couldn’t prevent the boyish, cocky smirk that played across pierced tiers. “You must have won.” I snerked. Getting into a fight and being hauled out in cuffs? Sounded like a victory to me. Aha. My hands had finally stopped fucking with that bottle once we were on the topic of illnesses, not even realizing that I had relaxed enough to stop fidgeting so much where I sat. I tipped my head as deep browns flickered to my lap, dark lashes a stark contrast against lighter upper cheeks when I blinked. “Should have taken you to jail instead, maybe they’re full.”

Now that I was thinking about it, that would make sense as to why I was here myself. After having pleaded guilty to my own offense the next thing I knew I was being carted up on top of this hill, rather than being thrown behind bars. I found myself feeling the slightest bit better at this glimmer of… hope? If one could call it that. At least we weren’t crazy.

I continued to ramble. “Taxes not doing enough to keep police employed, now they rely on doctors to deal with us.” I laughed lightly, Yes, us. From what he told me it sounded just like a misdemeanor, which meant that I really could connect with him. What are the odds. My laugh was light though, revealing in the way it creased my cheeks and how I didn’t quite look up that I must be a little bashful when not acting paranoid. It also revealed a minefield of teeth within my maw, most crooked as if I had several extra’s that probably should go.

My eyes returned to Jiho’s however, his expectant gaze going right over my short head for the moment. Silence drifted between us before it finally connected. “Hn?” Oh, right. I suppose I did owe him my own tale. “Uh…” Lifting my arms I stretched the limbs out and popped my wrists without second thought, feeling crunchy from having been sitting for far too long. My bottle remained in my lap. Where to start? My story was certainly less interesting than most. “Got busted, guess they think something’s askew in my head. Newsflash – I steal because I’m broke, not because I’m fucked up.” Long, slender fingers gestured briefly to my own skull as I rolled sharp eyes in distaste over the entire ordeal that got me here.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:14 pm

I had won? I had to laugh.

"Hey, I'm not dead, right?" I joked, rolling my eyes at myself in response to the statement before leaning back and rolling my shoulders to loosen them up. The beds here weren't comfortable, and considering how much I'd tossed and turned the previous night there was an obvious reason why I was stiff.

No, I wasn't dead. The other guy...

I shook my head at myself again, deciding to leave that part out considering I couldn't remember it anyway. That was one of those pesky details that had just been told to me before I'd been carted up here.

"I think I would have rather been stuck in a prison," I mumbled, sighing. "At least in prison they don't force pills down your throat every second of the day." With that I listened to the other man's story, looking at him when he smiled and unable to keep myself from mimicking the expression. Watching someone open up had always been one of my favorite things, and it was quite an escape right now.

"Oh, so you just stole some stuff?" I asked, resting my arm on the back of the bench and leaning my head on my hand. I quirked a brow. "That doesn't sound bad enough to lock someone up over, at least in here." I hummed in thought, blinking a few times before looking back at Kyo. "You'd think they'd rather have too many people in the prison than in... here," I added, gesturing to the building with a simple nod.

I didn't even want to call it by name. Just saying that I was stuck here made me feel like a crazy person. And I wasn't that. I didn't deserve to be in here - it had to be all some ridiculous misunderstanding in the end. That's what I was going to keep telling myself until they let me out of here.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Again I grinned, but I couldn’t help but agree with the other. I could deal with an ugly jumpsuit as long as it meant that I wasn’t treated like I had several screws loose in my head. In prison I could at least have asserted my dominance, thrown a few fists and let everyone else know who was in charge before being bored to death by the lack of activities to do. Here, if I tried that shit, they’d probably sedate me again and force feed pills down my throat until I was placid enough to comply. Blaming it on a mental disorder until I really was fucked in the head and could no longer think for myself.

‘Just stole some stuff’. He made it sound so innocent. “Well I mean… it was big stuff… but it wasn’t like I committed grand theft auto or some shit.” I shrugged, lacing my fingers together to thoughtlessly pop my knuckles as I shrugged a single shoulder. After a moment or two I casually added. “I may have thrown a fit in the court room...” But fuck, who wouldn’t be mad? It made perfect sense to me. Scoffing loudly with a tongue against the back of my teeth I leaned back myself, relaxing on open palms. “That’s why I won’t be here long. They fucked up.” They did indeed.

“Maybe I’ll sue them. Then I won’t have to steal again.” I snickered, letting my gaze return to eyeballing over Jiho’s relaxed form, giving a lopsided little smile as I began rocking one of my feet casually. “… when you’re out I’ll buy us both a beer.”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 pm

"Big stuff? How big?" I asked, brows quirked and leaning a bit forward in interest. The fact that we were smiling about why we were being locked up in here and what a fucked up situation it was made me relax just a bit more and that was something I really needed right now.

When he added the fact about the courtroom I grinned, laughing a little bit and nodding. Yeah, I knew about throwing fits. Well, I mostly knew about throwing them at least.

"Sounds like they screwed you over. That's some bullshit," I said, nodding to myself as I switched my focus down once more, zoning out as I stared at the bench. "I threw a fit apparently, too. Considering I got tased. Which was bull." Before I looked back up I shrugged, catching Kyo's eyes again and staring for a second before shifting my focus out into the courtyard absently.

I smiled at the mention of suing them, though, nibbling the inside of my lip as I thought and mulled the idea over in my mind. That was an idea, and I grinned before flashing him a thumbs up and chuckling.

"A beer sounds like the best thing in the world right about now."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:33 am

I pursed surprisingly full lips together in silent debate, wondering just exactly how much I should fess up to having stolen. It wasn’t like it was my first merry go around, but I just happened to get caught the last time. As Jiho leaned forward I myself sprawled out backwards, spreading my arms out as I leaned against the seat where we both were parked for the time being. “I needed a computer to look for a new job.” Unfolding my leg I shifted again to face out at the court yard. I didn’t need to give the man a grocery list of things I’ve gotten with the five finger discount. Sure, I could have gone job hunting the old fashioned way… but then what the hell would I have cruised porn on to pass the time? Heh. Pretending that I needed the new computer for something important made me seem less negligent. Nodding absentmindedly I stared down at my water bottle between my legs again. “It wasn’t my first time… so I guess that’s why I didn’t get off easy.” I’ve stolen food, a television, clothes… hell, most of the shit I owned was probably lifted. I guess I’m sort of a kleptomaniac.

In any case as the other mentioned getting tased I made a tiny sound, smirking lopsidedly. “Hah, right?” I’ve definitely been tased before myself. It’s not exactly a joyride I’d like to frequent. It’s a cheater’s way out of a scuffle. My eyes did shift sideways with that same grin though as the man flashed a thumbs up gesture, dropping my arms to crack open my water bottle once more as I finished it off.

Maybe we could sneak some booze in. I see it in movies and shit, just gotta befriend the staff or something. I didn’t plan to be here for that long though.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:48 am

"A computer?" I asked, brow raised. It wasn't until he continued saying that it hadn't been the first time that I nodded in understanding, watching how the other man moved in something akin to fascination. He didn't act crazy, and it didn't seem like he was lying about anything. So why the hell had he been thrown in here?

I curled my foot under myself, humming something of a tune under my breath before looking out at the courtyard, and through the chain link fence to the outside world. I sighed.

"He didn't like it very much when I fought back, I guess," I said, chuckling softly. "I guess shit got pretty bad if they had to knock me out. I really don't wanna have to feel electricity going through me again. Once is enough." I narrowed my eyes, turning my attention back to the other man and quirking a brow.

"Do you think we could pay someone to bring shit in from out there? If I'm here for more than another day I'm gonna need a cigarette. Or booze. Or both." I smirked but kept my voice down in case anyone just happened to be listening, even leaning in a bit closer so I didn't have to talk as loudly.

The more time I spent away from those, the more stressed I was going to be. And that was never a good thing. For anyone, really.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 am

I definitely was not crazy. I would have been glad to know that I didn’t come off that way either. Maybe that would help in my argument when I tried to leave. Regardless I didn’t know what much more to say myself, though it was obvious that the paranoid and shut in demeanor had lifted at least a little bit after having gotten some decent, non-crazed conversation in. Maybe I would sleep a little better tonight having relaxed somewhat knowing that someone else seemed to have their head square on their shoulders as well. As Jiho continued to explain I simply blinked, popping the plastic cap of my bottle past the clusterfuck of teeth to idly chew on it, scraping tiny grooves from my canines as it click, click, clicked behind open lips. He must not remember it due to the adrenaline rush… and being tazed. Maybe he hit his head when he took a fall. Either way, I wasn’t about to press for tiny details.

Jiho was, however, reading my mind when suddenly the next phrase out of his mouth mentioned alcohol. I laughed aloud, though it was a brief, amused huff. “Probably. These fucks are a bunch of sleazes anyway.” They had to be to lock up completely normal people like ourselves. I waved a hand around pointlessly, still chewing and clacking on the plastic in my mouth obnoxiously, as if it had replaced gum for me only not so chewy and forgiving. Apparently I can’t just hold still. “An intern or a nurse maybe, someone less of a stickler for rules.” How good it would be to have that familiar rush of nicotine filling my lungs again. Maybe if I got a smoke in, I wouldn’t be so jittery.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Once again I turned my attention to the nurses, eyes following them as they walked around. Few noticed my glances at all, and I was alright with that. Amidst all of the walking, glancing, and assorted random actions they did without noticing, I was going to figure out where I could get a stiff drink. Or a cigarette. Hell, even sex was welcome at this point, I just needed some stress relief before I went completely stir-crazy. Apparently I was already crazy enough, so it would only make sense for them to let me have at least one of my vices, right?

"The people that work here... I don't know how they live with themselves," I mumbled, lips pursed as I narrowed my eyes at one nurse in particular for a moment, then turned my attention to Kyo once more. "My first night I saw someone being wheeled down the hallway strapped to a stretcher screaming her head off about something or other... The doctor was just ignoring her and he looked like he was smiling about it. Maybe I'm wrong, though." I shook my head. "People here are fucked."

If they ever tied me to a table they'd be sorry, that was for sure. They tried to that first night and that attempt didn't really end well.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:13 pm

I don’t know how honest I thought Jiho was being right now, but either way, if we somehow got together enough and actually pulled this off, I would most definitely welcome the familiar burn of alcohol down the back of my throat and the reassuring intake of cigarette smoke. Of course, in my head, I didn’t even plan to be here for another few days, so the likelihood of me actually taking it seriously… who knew. I continued to chew on that plastic cap pointlessly while my company kept my ears entertained.

“Mmn.” I thoughtlessly added, agreeing to his statement with a small nod of my head. I wouldn’t put it past the staff to just… sit back while people screamed. Then again, I couldn’t entirely blame them, I guess. If I was dealing with legit crazy people I probably wouldn’t fuss over them either. My own dark orbs flickered around the court yard while Jiho kept his gaze on me, and the longer I thought about what he had just said, the more my curiosity nagged at me in the back of my skull.

After a brief moment of silence I turned to face my company once more, leaning in closer myself now and closing the distance between us that way I could speak a little softer.
“Have you heard the rumors about this place?” I’m sure he has. It was kind of like ‘legend’, though I’m almost positive there has got to be some truth about where it came from.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 pm

I couldn't help but have my attention pulled by the way he was chewing on the cap, and the thought of an oral fixation made me chuckle to myself though I decided against mentioning it. Instead I tried to block out the memory of that poor girl. I hadn't seen her since that day, or heard from her. Yes, it had only been a few days, but that was beside the point. Maybe they had just moved her to a different section of the building.

I was overthinking this.

When I was questioned once more I cocked my head, nodding even as Kyo spoke. Yeah, I'd heard rumors. I'd heard the rebuttal to those rumors. I'd seen things while I was here in the past few days that I didn't particularly want to see again. But I didn't know how truthful those rumors were. I just knew that they existed.

"I've heard some of the doctors here are more fucked up than the patients," I mumbled, looking directly at the nearest nurse and smiling at her. She stared at me before turning and rounding the corner, falling out of sight before I rolled my eyes and looked back at my companion. "I have a sneaking suspicion that that one's less of a rumor and more of a sad truth, though. If they fucking touch me..."

My voice trailed off and I shook my head, lips pursed.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Hah. Maybe I did have some sort of an oral fixation. I’m used to having a cigarette to occupy my mouth normally so. I’m quite fidgety in general right now, I half blamed the nervousness of being somewhere unfamiliar and unwelcome… while the other half most definitely curbed from my addictions.

It probably also explained why my mouth was reminiscent of a warzone.
Not like I cared, it wasn’t like I was trying to impress anyone. I didn’t have the kind of money to do any fancy dental work, especially if it was mainly cosmetic. It wasn’t like they hurt, or were unhealthy. Just… crooked.

In any case. Once Jiho confirmed that he too had heard about the less than pleasing reputation of this place a small frown tugged at bejeweled tiers, sitting back myself. That was hardly reassuring. Another crack escaped my mouth as the plastic finally split beneath my oral harassment, a soft pink tongue running over the split edges but nevertheless I failed to cease chewing on the damn thing, instead thinking.

“Well. Sounds like you’re in the same boat as me, hopefully they’ll get their shit together and let us out.” And maybe thrown in jail, but at least that was somewhat deserving and not false accusations on my mental stability. Maybe we’d get off easy and just have to apologize for our misbehavior and just do some community services.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Damn, but that poor plastic cap...

I heard the crack and shook my head, still smiling to myself. Not a bad guy, this one. Theft wasn't really that serious, and at the back of my mind I wondered why Kyo wasn't let out already. He seemed so... normal, despite the theft charges. More normal than I was, at least. Well, I guessed, considering I myself saw myself as perfectly normal. It was the judge that didn't.

"I can only hope," I mumbled, though there was a hint of resignation in my voice from the pure realization that, if the doctors were as bad as I'd heard they were, they might just keep us to see what makes us tick. Being cooped up in here for too long would probably make me go even crazier than what they thought I already was, and that wasn't a good thing to look forward to.

I was pulled from my thoughts by a slight breeze whipping through the area and I took it in, a deep breath of pleasantly not sterile air meeting my lungs and I smiled.

"... I need some stress relief, this place is awful," I admitted softly. "They say they have shit for us to do to keep us occupied but... But the activity centers are like a ghost town. No one goes to them and when they do all they do is sit there. It blows. And the food sucks."

I chuckled, flicking my hair from my face once again though it fell right back into place a moment later.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:16 pm

I wondered that too honestly. But hell. For all I knew – and all he knew – we both could be fibbing through our teeth about why we were inside of here. Gullible, to believe ourselves perhaps.
The conversation was welcome though, regardless. Better than staring at everyone reclusively and counting the seconds as they sluggishly passed me by.

Inky black strands fluttered softly in the breeze as it rustled through the court yard, deep chocolate hues lifting as if I could pinpoint the exact location of where the wind started from as I finally decided to spit out that saliva coated plastic cap, making a tiny face at myself while I pinched the broken crack back together in between slender fingertips. I should ask for some nicotine gum at least. I slowly twisted (or tried to twist) the stupid thing back onto the bottle, now occupied with trying to piece back together the trash in my hands while I listened to Jiho’s words at my left.

“Hn.” I chuckled bitterly. I hadn’t gotten a chance to eat much here, but what little I did have, did suck. And clearly I wasn’t trying to find many things to stimulate the mind. Sitting outside, alone – until Jiho had the gall to come by, of course. A devilish smirk crawled across pastel colored tiers though before I replied. “Masturbation is a great stress reliever.” I spoke without even faltering, as if I was so sure of it myself. Even to a practical stranger. Whatever. I’m sure we’ve all wanked in our lives, it’s not like it’s some sort of taboo secret.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:32 pm

It was fun watching him try to make that cap work, and I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing out loud. That thing was so messed up that it was never gonna fit on that bottle again, and I was pretty sure we both knew that. It was a pretty valiant effort, though, I'd give him that.

When he spoke again I coughed almost subconsciously, more clearing my throat as I looked down with a slight smile and another flick of my hair, shaking my head a few times. I absently cracked my knuckles on one hand.

"... Yeah I guess that's true," I admitted softly, an almost awkward chuckle slipping out before I nodded to myself. It was true, though. And with the lack of smoking, booze, good food, and people that weren't completely out there and crazy, that was one option that I guess I should just keep in my back pocket.

Wow, why hadn't I thought of that?
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next