Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music and Ducklings [CLOSED]

3 posters

Go down

Music and Ducklings [CLOSED] Empty Music and Ducklings [CLOSED]

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 am

Today was the day, she'd finally tracked down Kyo's room after speaking with Jiho and was ready to bring him gifts she wasn't sure he'd earned and talk to him about things without being completely sure he wanted to talk about them. But she was determined, and that meant that it was going to get done. Balanced in her arms were a variety of oddities: a radio, a lily, and a tiny stuffed duckling. She was still deciding whether or not to actually explain the duckling, or just kind of give it to him and hope Jiho wouldn't be embarrassed if she did.

Even though that would actually be super cute to see. Either way, she decided there was no graceful way she was getting this door in front of her open. Putting the duckling and the lily on the ground, Caroline raised her hand to knock twice on the door, waiting a couple seconds for any illicit activities to cease, then opened it, using her foot to keep it open and retrieve the other gifts. Carefully, she entered, depositing the gifts one by one on the nightstand. Sighing in relief, her eyes flicked to Kyo.

"Hey, Kyo. My name's Caroline, I'm Jiho's nurse. He told me about you, so I thought I'd drop by." Smooth. She'd already decided not to relinquish any information Jiho had told her about Kyo that could make it uncomfortable for Jiho. Wiping her hands on the front of her scrubs, she reached a hand out to him, offering a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you."
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Music and Ducklings [CLOSED] Empty Re: Music and Ducklings [CLOSED]

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:30 am

Surprisingly, I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing many nurses during my stay. Other than the ones that were constantly on duty in the public, open areas keeping watch over all of us crazies, and the ones that did the hourly rounds to make sure nobody was trying to kill themselves or worse in the private units, of course. Maybe word traveled fast, that I was the one patient that didn’t actually belong in this institution, so maybe they were granting me my privacy. This of course had its ups and downs. On the plus side, I wasn’t being obsessively spied on with people taking notes at every turn. The downfall however was that I had very little company.

Did I really care that much? Maybe. I mean the only people that came and spoke to me were my doctor and my therapist, and of course Jiho. The staff weren’t exactly paid to shoot the shit with their patients though, so my only other human interaction had been that blonde Korean boy. I’ve lost track of the days… weeks that I’ve been cooped up here by now, so maybe it’s starting to drive me a little crazy by now. After all, the downside to my lack of company meant that I wasn’t given any rewards for good behavior. I literally had to beg the last guard in the rec room for a damn book to read, but once they’d found out that I stolen it back to my unit they quickly came to take it away.

Heaven forbid I smack someone with a paperback book.
I didn’t blame anyone, though, really. I’m not exactly friendly.

So when those two single knocks rapped on my door I hardly stirred from my position, entirely expecting it to be Doctor Mori here to maybe give me a new filter for my eCig, or Doctor Tighe coming for another session. I’m pretty positive Jiho doesn’t even know where I’m staying, not for the moment. I know where his room is, I’ve stumbled upon it when completely bored and exploring. The only other person I spoke to about my room number was that deathly timid kid, Die.
Though it’s not really hard to find my name and charts hanging on display for all outside of the door.

I was quite literally hanging upside down off the edge of my mattress, counting the cracks in the ceiling for something desperate to pass the sluggish moments of time with. Inky black strands dusted across the flooring, bare feet pressed up against the wall for sturdy balance. I was dressed in those simple cotton pants of course, and the tank I was usually clad in had been pulled up towards my chin thanks to gravity, exposing a surprisingly tonged stomach. The lack of sleeves also showed off an array of half-finished, traditional Japanese Irezumi inkwork upon my upper arms, that coupled with the miscellaneous piercings in my lips, nose, eyebrow and ear really gave me that stereotypical bad boy image.
Something had to counter my pathetic lack of height, after all. I’m not exactly intimidating standing at five-foot two. My attitude certainly helped.

When I realized that the person entering my room was an unfamiliar woman of all people I was quick to shift, rolling around with a soft grunt until I righted myself on the edge of my mattress properly in surprise. I stared bluntly, peering at the… uh, things she carried in with her.

Wrong room perhaps?

I could tell that she was a staff member immediately due to her uniform, so at least that was a little less awkward. Deep chocolate orbs followed as she set the gifts upon my nightstand blankly.

“… … …”

Oh, so she was a nurse. Bingo. I was beginning to think there weren’t any chicks that worked here, hah. Jiho… told her about me? Oh jeez, what did he say. A single, sharp brow lofted skywards. “Uh… hi.” I did of course take the offered hand for a firm shake, blinking as I brought my other hand up in an attempt to fix the wayward hairs upon my head before motioning towards the… stuff. “…??”

I’m a man of many words, clearly.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:08 am

Her hand clung to Kyo's in a strangely long embrace as she tried to decipher what he was trying to pantomime. Pointing to the things without saying anything. Was he... enjoying them? Did he... not like them put down in that particular fashion? As her brain, fussed as it was from finally meeting the person one of her fond patients spoke highly about, it took a strangely long amount of time for her to pinpoint exactly what he was trying to ask without asking it. She even felt herself leaning in, like somehow a boundary closure might help. Not too long after, her hand immediately dropped and she resumed her normal standing position as her brain finally reached the most accurate possible question he could be implying. She pointed instead to the items.

"Jiho said you liked music. The lily is pretty much just a pretty flower from my obligatory garden at my apartment. It's just nice to look at. The duckling..." A hesitant pause ensued as she tried to figure out an explanation for the tiny joke only she and Jiho understood so far. Should she mention it reminded her of Jiho's hair? Would he get the joke? Might as well tell him now to help lighten Jiho and Kyo's next conversation. "...reminds me of Jiho's fluffy blonde hair. I already picked out a stuffed dog for him, and I really don't intend on burying him in stuffed animals, so I thought I'd lighten the load and just get it for you instead."

So far so good. Kind of rocky, she would admit, but he wasn't giving her much. Jiho spoke so highly of him, and she wasn't sure what she expected. Words to escape his mouth, maybe. Something more than one word of greeting would be a great start. Then again, she was a woman he'd never seen before giving him gifts he wasn't expecting to get, so she couldn't exactly blame him. Some consolation came from knowing that at least she wasn't the only one in the room confused by the whole situation.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I felt my eyebrow twitch in the least bit as Caroline continued to hold my hand, almost as if she was attempting to assess my silence. Err… even as she leaned in to close the distance a little bit too I may have pulled away slightly, mostly out of habit. I didn’t like people towering over me. Coming in close, touching me… all of the above. When she released my grip I pulled my limb back in close, dropping it into my lap confusedly as the silence pulled between us… and then she was explaining. Talk about awkward. I was unsure if it was her or myself that made it so.

I did like music. Now I could drown out the muted sounds of other, troubled patients in my surroundings. Grand. And she brought a flower? How… thoughtful. The duck though? I was really confused. Did she think I was a troubled patient that wanted some company? Wow, how childish. How young did she think I was? My information was out on display fo the entire hospital, so maybe she had some sort of a different explanation for me.

All I could think of was that strange native American doctor I’d seen for like three minutes baby talking a deranged female in the cafeteria with a busted ass bunny rabbit. Great, now they think I’m on that sort of level.

Hearing her explanation though really only caused my brow to loft higher, slowly. It reminded her of Jiho… so she brought it to me? And she’d brought him a plush dog too? I just…

I offered an extremely awkward huff of a chuckle. “O…kay…” Sure. Lifting a hand I rubbed at the back of my neck trying to, you know. Not come off as a complete asshole.

I’m probably failing terribly, as usual.

“Thanks, I guess.” I shrugged. Yes… riveting conversation and company. I’m so lame.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 pm

"You're welcome, I guess. Not the most manly items in the world, yeah. Better than nothing, though, right?" Shoulders shrugged and her arms crossed. Most patients did have something, anything, and they appreciated it. Age or gender didn't particularly matter. If you had something, anything, to distract you even for a little bit, it was a blessing, even if it often went unnoticed. Caroline had seen how some patients, the screamers, who were not allowed any item of any kind in their rooms appreciated even the smallest bit of connection towards normalcy.

"Sorry, it's just, weird. All Jiho mentioned about you was that you're stubborn, he likes being around you, and that you like music. I didn't really know what else to bring other than the music." She peeked around at the walls, before settling on Kyo. She was being honest, at least. Caroline was used to carrying conversations, but so far she'd had to carry both ends of the conversation, and it put her a little on edge.

"So, what do you like? Other than music, of course. Maybe I could bring some things you'd actually like having in here, though I can't make any promises it will be up to any manly standards set." She grinned a little, a part of her almost regretting coming to meet this man. It wasn't that he was scary, in any sense of the word, but maybe that Caroline did not particularly feel anything for the man in front of her complicated things. Or, perhaps, she was making it a little obvious that she knew something about the way Jiho saw him that was making this a little weird to work with.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:21 am

The woman did have a point. It was at least better than nothing. I had no visitors to being me gifts wishing my ‘well-better’ since I… you know. Wasn’t fucked in the head. I nodded softly in agreement, feeling sort of… off-put by the way she stood with her arms crossed, looming above me like that. Err…

And then she apologized for it. Ehh? A small, albeit highly confused smirk tugged at one corner of pierced lips in faint amusement, a small part of me still wondering why on Earth Jiho and this nurse were speaking about such an uninteresting subject like myself. She wasn’t exactly a psychiatrist, so… maybe it was just idle chit chat? I wouldn’t put it past the man. He was sort of… clingy. Unfortunately for him. I’m definitely not a snuggler myself.

Stubborn though, hah. That was definitely true. “Um, it’s fine…” I huffed, shifting awkwardly on the edge of my mattress. After all, she didn’t have to bring me anything at all. It was a nice change of pace in solitude and boredom for my drab and dreary unit. My own dark chocolate hues flickered across the flooring underneath her feet in what almost seemed like bashfulness, a complete one-eighty in my usual attitude I pitched to all of the other patients. I did have a little more respect for the staff anyway. Especially since most realized that I was admitted mistakenly and were all working to get me out of here as soon as possible.

As far as I knew, at least.

As she asked me what I did like though I simply shrugged stupidly at the dark haired female, the same sort of boring, bland answer that I gave Jiho every time he asked me. I’m really not an interesting person… Money, hah. Bring me enough money to be able to afford a lawyer so that I could sue the courts for fucking me over in the first place and get even more money. Money money money.

“I…” I let my word drag off in puzzlement, really thinking over how to answer that with. Fuck man. I’m so bad at talking about myself. I don’t like being the center of attention or subject with anybody. Eventually with a placid little shoulder shrug I answered as I always did. “I’unno.” I pursed pierced lips together. “Food.” Cigarettes, both of which I already had access to. I’m so boring. Video games, television… some shit I didn’t think was really feasible in a mental hospital. It was sort of obvious that I felt awkward about trying to indulge in myself with how I averted my gaze pointlessly towards the floor and chewed at the jewelry in my bottom lip in thought.

Maybe I’m a man of intense mystery, and it’s going to take some real dedication to crack me, heh.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 am

Finally, a part of conversation that wasn't yes or no. She'd have to continue on this path of conversation if she wanted to get somewhere and find at least the basics of something the man before her liked. The answer that came from the man, however, was unexpected. Without asking, or caring about the answer, she sat on the edge of the man's bed, keeping her distance so as not to impose. Giving him a sideways glance, her hand came to rest on her hairline and she, oddly enough, started to giggle a little at him.

"Food?" She asked, incredulously. "That's it? That's all you can think of? Maybe I'll smuggle a burger in one day, but hey, if I can eat the food down there, so can you. So, let's try this again, shall we?" Leaning back on her hands, her eyes darted to the ceiling to think of more technical questions the man beside her would actually have to put some thought in. She'd rounded up some questions, then tilted her head once more to contemplate Kyo, some of her hair spilling over her shoulder.

"Rule number one: every question gets an answer. Rule two: no answers may include the words none, don't know, don't care, or any other answer that doesn't classify as an answer. And yes, I will not leave until a question gets answered properly. Let's start. Favorite color? Favorite animal? Favorite band? If you could go one place anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 am

The footfalls of one dedicated, hardworking doctor could be heard making their way right up to the closed door of his patient, pausing only when he heard a voice from within.

Kyo had company? Mori wasn't expecting this. Regardless, the doctor really didn't care what he was about to break up, and he didn't press his ear against the door to check first, before he knocked and began to let himself in.

He was about to open his mouth and excuse himself, but he realized instead who was accompanying his patient. Eyes immediately narrowing, jaw clenching, and fingers curling tighter around that small tray ultimately caused the doctor to fall silent. Well almost. A clear sound of disapproval fell from the depths of his throat as he looked the woman over, not even acknowledging Kyo just yet.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:40 pm

I wasn’t expecting the woman to get such a kick out of my bland, pathetic one word answer of my enjoyments. It was the truth at least, I liked to eat. Though as she helped herself to the opposite edge of my bed I did pull back without any real thought or intention put into it even though it wasn’t like she tried to come in close, making a mental note about how forward and fearless this Caroline seemed to be. Seriously though, she’s in a mental institution. Who’s to say we weren’t all unstable and potentially dangerous?

Maybe the doctor’s had a note somewhere that I just missed out on. ‘Kyo’s not actually Psychotic so don’t bother with him’. Heh. It would make a lot of sense.

“Yes.” Food. I smirked, unable to help the soft chuckle that escaped me to her offer. “Good.” Bring me some mother fucking McDonald’s, that would be amazing. I didn’t know the staff didn’t get any better selection of edibles though, that was interesting. And sort of shitty for them.

I just stared at her expectantly, my usual bitch face thrown up without meaning to come off that way. Try all you want lady, there isn’t anything terribly interesting about me.
At least when anyone’s just asking me to ramble. There’s nothing up in this thick skull of mine that comes to mind. Specific questions though? Brows arched incredulously and surprisingly, I did find myself spouting off some answers.

The rules also made me laugh. Well damn. Guess I’ll have to find some other way around as I grinned somewhat shyly. Fine, fine. They were harmless queries anyway.

“Aah…” I breathed out a huff of false irritance, shrugging dumbfoundedly despite the fact that I did actually have responses for her. “Blue.” Which in all actuality, that was kind of surprising. Not even people that did know me were ever able to come to that conclusion. I never wear it, don’t pick out things in that shade, I’m not really drawn to it… “Um… bugs?” Did that count as an animal? Gross. Band though, I was a little unsure of what to answer. I… didn’t really obsess over any one sound. “Ehh… I like old rock. Like none of this new shit.” I dropped a hand in explanation before continuing.

“… … …” The last question really got me thinking, a sow breath drawn in through nostrils as I too stared up at the ceiling. Anywhere in the world… “North pole. I bet it’s so nice up there.”

Quiet… cold… dark… lonely. Says a lot about me, doesn’t it.

The rapping of my door pulled my attention away from me and my ever boring thoughts however, following Mori as he entered. More importantly, I watched the way h reacted upon seeing the nurse inside of my room. … No good? That was strange. Dark eyes darted between the pair in silent curiosity. I chose not to say anything either, more or less…

Boggled.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:34 am

Blue was a common choice in favorite color, one that she shared. Bugs, though? Not a shared trait at all. Thankfully, Pierre was an excellent bug catcher, though she didn't exactly like what followed. There was the occasional slip-up from him where he would eat the bug in front of her, or let it be known that he was doing such an act on her bed. Old rock? Seemed fair enough, though Caroline usually just listened to whatever was on.

"North pole?" she repeated, giving a slight noise of intrigue. "Don't imagine there would be lots to do, but it would be beautiful. A world of ice, the northern lights, naturally formed sculptures..." her list trailed off as the door opened, her eyes idly searching for the source of the interruption. Caroline was not bothered by the doctor's presence, especially with another person in the room. It did, however, please her greatly to know that she seemed to affect him, though she was aware of the potential reprimand she was sure to face.

"Afternoon, Dr. Mori," she offered simply, returning her attention to Kyo. It was better to be the one here acting with grace. Why should she act otherwise? She was there first, and very few procedures required a nurse leave the room as opposed to assisting, anyway. Pill the patient and go, whatever. Not like she had anything to hide, herself.

"Bugs? What kind do you like best?" She supposed she could see the appeal they might possess; some glowed, some donned themselves in lovely colors, others were well-trained enough to hide in plain sight. Then again, some just needed to be squashed.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:13 am

Her tone made his skin crawl. Which he assumed, was her end goal. Though she was being civil, Mori was having none of it. He didn't care how unprofessional it was, he was going to rage.

Little did the nurse know that the deal this particular patient had with Mori was rather unethical in itself.

Taking a deep breath, Mori walked over and pushed the small pile of belongings over with his tray. He looked at them in slight disgust and made sure they had their distance from his tray of actual work supplies. A duck. Precious. Oh and flowers? How merry.

Mori turned around, still making a face without his realization. Or maybe he knew. "There are no medications to give this patient today." He began counting on his fingers. "And you don't have a license in psychiatry..." His grin upturned the side of his lips. "So why are you here?" Mori gestured to the state of the nurse. "It's clear you aren't working with my patient."

Folding his arms, he smiled as sweetly as he could muster. "I need you to leave." At least his potty mouth stayed in the office.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

When the woman mimicked my answer about the NP again I nodded, accompanied with a small shrug of my shoulders. “Yeah.” Just the sound of absolute silence surrounding you in darkness would be worth it alone, not to mention the lights, I didn’t even think about that... those would be neat to see. Plus, maybe I’d get the opportunity to wrestle with a polar bear or something.

Epic.

Caroline was just continuing on conversation as normal despite the strange way Mori was acting, and that alone kept my brow cocked skywards. The first few times I’d seen the man I kind of got an off vibe from him, but he seemed to know what he was doing regardless, and didn’t idle. This interaction though, was interesting. Coupled with the rumors that are constantly nagging at my subconciousness about this place… are they crazy themselves? Is one of them crazy? Is Caroline a suspicious character despite the way she came off as harmless?
Mori? I could see him moreso but..

Maybe I’m just acting paranoid. None of this however showed through my still sitting posture.

Chocolate orbs followed that tray as it pushed aside my gifts with distaste before flicking back up to the doctor as he spoke finally. No meds eh? Then why was he here? Whatever distemperment he had me on for the moment certainly made me a little more relaxed and chatty, I didn’t figure I needed much else. Maybe some follow up questions?

I just sat there awkwardly, lips pressed together into a fine line. Should I answer Caroline and just… haha, talk about weird. So instead I clamped my hands together I my lap, and twiddled my thumbs. Waiting to see what would happen.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:25 pm

"Well, Dr. Mori, I came because someone forgot to mention to Kyo that he doesn't, in fact, have to sit in a room full of emptiness and blank solidarity for no reason, despite his file saying he hasn't had any negative outbursts. Good behavior should be rewarded, don't you agree?" Caroline teased in a small gesture of a grin, despite his obvious distaste for things that were now Kyo's.

"As it is, I'm not very good at picking out gifts for patients I don't know very well, so we were simply having a little chat about things he liked." A brief shrug followed her words. Dr. Mori wasn't exactly kind to Caroline, but she didn't think he was so ignorant as to believe she wouldn't become immediately suspicious by his request. And she did. Had any other doctor asked her to leave, she might have understood, but not with Mori, never with Mori. He'd lost his right to her respect long ago.

"What procedure are you about to perform? I could assist, let you be on your way, and then Kyo can finish telling me about which bug is his favorite. Sounds harmless enough to me. It is my job to assist doctors with patient interactions, after all." Besides, it would only push her further into suspicion, and there were probably a lot of things in Mori's office that could leak more truth about the man. Who knew where she would go after being forced out of a room with no viable reason?
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:25 pm

It was good that Kyo kept his mouth shut. He was really quite easy to deal with, and Mori was totally fine with that. Now Caroline should have taken a lesson from him and shut her own damn mouth while she was at it.

Despite the thought, the doctor smiled to her words.

"Not with stuffed toys and flowers." Mori turned to look directly at her and his smile flatlined. "We work in a mental hospital, not a kindergarten school. These patients are adults." He threw his arms up. "But what do I know? I'm just the doctor."

As her lips began flapping again, Mori sighed, looking away. Cutting her off in the middle of her statement about helping, he lifted his fingers in an attempt to hush her ever-moving face. "No." He glanced back towards her and moved now to stride towards the door. "I don't need your help now, and I never will in the future." He opened the door and held it there. Hopefully she could put a square block in a square hole. "Please stop asking and leave my patient and I alone."

He paused for a moment. She was a woman, she was going to keep talking. "He has made it quite clear that I am the only one that he will disclose certain things with." He glanced sideways at the male seated upon the bed. The moment of truth. Let's see if he had a somewhat less-retarded head on his shoulders than most.

"Goodbye."
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:03 am

The woman had a good point, I’d been a well behaved patient. I tried. The fire being spat back and forth between the two Hospital staff however was hard to be completely oblivious to. And, on top of that, I really didn’t see any reason why a nurse should be asked to leave… it wasn’t like I was going to have a therapeutic session with Mori, now was I? It wasn’t my pace to say anything though so still I sat, silent as ever and simply observing the peculiar behavior.

Now I felt like a damn shrink, haha.

A single brow quirked dumbfoundedly as the man bluntly hushed Caroline, heading to the door and holding it wide, wide open. They really must hate each other or something. Whatever, it happens. Some people simply don ‘t get along and it would be stupid to assume that an entire working staff of Acropolis as big as this one where everyone got along swimmingly.

Hearing Mori quite literally speak up for me though caused a tiny squint of an eye in suspicion, but surprisingly, I said nothing. I wasn’t about to force my own doctor to be uncomfortable and work with someone he didn’t get along with. Nope, I wanted to be as painless as possible.

So still I sat.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Nope. There was nothing about this situation she enjoyed at all, really. Despite the fact that Mori was her superior, very little people had the right to belittle her that way. This was the first time she'd very pointedly made it clear that she wasn't very pleased with the way he was talking to her, and she openly glared at him. She was doing her job, what exactly was wrong with that?

"Well, how about you take care of your patients? Then you can decorate their rooms however you want and stop complaining about people doing your job for you." Standing, she took her sweet time, stretching a bit, halfheartedly listening to Mori's weak excuses and annoying bickering. She did manage to catch the glimpse of Kyo's confusion at his statement, but decided not to say anything. She turned to Kyo, waving.

"Guess I'm being kicked out, Kyo. See you later, yeah? You still have to tell me about bugs you like. Don't forget that, okay?" Caroline had decided to make light of the situation, since it was pretty obvious how misplaced Kyo was feeling. His feelings came before Mori's, anyway. Making her way past Mori, she gave an over-exaggerated bow, as if presenting Kyo to him. "All yours, Doc. Parting is such sweet sorrow and all that." She gave a last salute to Kyo before turning on her heel and leaving. The thought of pick-locking her way into Mori's office swam through her mind briefly, but she couldn't be bothered. When her head was clearer, when she was calmer and less agitated, maybe.

But that would have to wait.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 am

What the fuck? Mori literally had one of the stupidest looks on his face when she began speaking yet again.

He really didn't know where to begin with his words, but he couldn't leave well enough alone. "I didn't know that being an interior decorator was part of a doctor's work description." He let out a rather forced laugh. "Boy have I been doing it wrong all of these years!" He raised his arms up and followed that woman closely out of the room. As soon as both of her feet stood on the opposite side of that door frame, no matter how close, Mori slammed that door shut.

Hopefully it hit her in the head. Maybe she'd be a more intelligent match of wits the next time he had a glorious meeting with her because of it.

Turning right around, it was like none of that had even happened. "How did that last batch of pills help your mood?" He was all-work-no-play. Much to apparently everyone's surprise. "Any adverse reactions?" He hadn't heard any complaints, but the opposing male didn't seem much like the whining type. At least not like everyone else was.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:44 pm

Brows simply arched incredulously as Caroline and Mori continued to spit fire back at one another, myself practically twiddling my thumbs where I sat. When the nurse finally stood and spoke in my direction now, offering a wave, I gave her a puzzled reply, shrugging a single shoulder. “Uh. ‘Kay.” Well so much for being chatty as I was starting to get, now I had withdrawn it again. What can I say, this situation was more than awkward.

The door slamming so roughly shut caused me to jump faintly in surprise, but before I could even ask what the hell all of that was abut, Mori went right into the questioning. Which was good, I supposed. At least he was doing his job around here.

“I’m… mellow.” I shrugged. I wasn’t so angry all the damn time, so tense, so on edge. As he asked if anything ‘adverse’ happened I assumed that meant something bad, and I shook my head. “Nope.” Hey, I didn’t even get through high school, can’t blame me for not knowing fancy words.

I’m just trying to make this as quick and painless as possible so that I could go.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Mori didn't even care that the interaction Kyo was just a part of was likely very awkward. Mori's whole existence was awkward. At least the other Asian male didn't seem too put out by Caroline leaving. Not that the doctor would have cared.

Nodding his head briefly, Mori pulled out his small black book and began jotting things down. While doing so, he moved towards his small tray that was toted inside with him. He flipped through several bottles. looking over the labels. He had to think for several moments on each one, as they truly were not what they were stickered as.

He had to cover his bases.

A part of him was glad that Kyo didn't have any side effects. That meant for the most part that he would be an easy canvas to work with. Peering between his notes and the bottles, he pushed one aside.

He made several more notes before glancing over his shoulder at the male. Should he make small talk? He blinked. No, he was never good at that. "If there were no issues with what you were taking before, I'm going to start you on something different this time."

His fingers wrapped lightly around that bottle of pills and shook them. "These might make you feel... different. Don't fight it. I want to know exactly what happens the next time I see you." He peered at the raven-haired male.

Mori had been waiting a long time to experiment properly with mood swings and causing them at will.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 am

Sharp brows furrowed in curiosity as Mori began fingering through his stack of pills. Ugh. I was fine, my temper was cooled. I exhaled a slow sigh past my nostrils while deep chocolate hues watched over the peculiar doctor with displeasure. Not that any hint of it showed upon my features or anything.

“What is it this time.” I asked blandly, though there was no intonation in my voice that really showed it was a query. Again I was expecting some sort of fancy explanation that went right over my short head, but maybe I just wanted to be reassured that it was actually something real. Or maybe I was taking mental notes. Different? How so? I peered at the man with a faint hint of uneasiness.

“… o… kay…” I shrugged, leaning back to rest against the wall once more. “You aren’t going to make me psychotic, are you?” Different. How very undescriptive and reassuring.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Even if Mori could have seen the displeasure in Kyo's eyes, he wouldn't have minded. He was used to that from everyone.

To his 'question', the doctor blinked slowly at the male. He hated having test subjects that were predisposed to what the test was goaled towards. Sometimes it determined the end result. Almost like a placebo. So instead, the doctor smirked back.

"Something to make you feel all better." The doctor managed a chuckle. "I told you before that my goal is not to hurt you. But you are sick, and I need to fix you." This time, his smile turned a bit twisted. "At least... that's what's going on the paperwork."

Mori peered at the male. "Unless you're beginning to like the place? I've heard it grows on some people." He shrugged his smaller shoulders. Now he was practically poking the patient with a stick. Honestly, Kyo could easily take Mori down. The doctor wasn't built like the other clearly was, but still he acted tough.

At that final question, Mori practically grinned. "Of course not."

One last look over, and the auburn-headed doctor began gathering his things. "Is there anything else you need from me?"
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 am

‘Something’ to make me feel better. Great. I rolled sharp eyes to his extremely helpful answer, deciding to brush his words under the rug for now. At least, until he openly said that I was sick.

My brows immediately scowled and I opened my mouth to complain. Here was nothing to fix. “I’m no-“
I was cut off though as he continued, mentioning the formalities on paperwork. I slowly shut my maw, trying ever so hard not to… think long on the way that smile seriously weirded me out. Were all the doctors of Acropolis this… strange?

I shook my head, though the way I was peering at him read all of my speculations and uncertainties clear as day. Poking me with a stick indeed. If he wasn’t a damn doctor I’d definitely be bristling. Instead I worked my jaw tightly, choosing to say nothing more on the subject.

As he began gathering his things my gaze drifted back to the strange assortment of gifts Caroline had brought me earlier, but the look was fleeting as I returned those impossibly dark orbs to Mori as he began taking his leave. “… no.”

Nothing more than a fucking signature saying I was fine, thanks.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:45 pm

To the blatant rolling of his eyes, Mori's eyebrows arched. But just as Kyo decided to keep quiet, as did the doctor. They'd save the opening of that can of worms for a different day.

Eyeing the other male, Haru was surprised that he didn't have anything else to snap back at him. "I imagine our next meeting will be more pleasant. After all, this is all for you. I'd be happy to switch patients." The doctor looked Kyo up and down, throwing out empty threats. The truth was, he needed Kyo more than anyone else right now. How else was he going to be able to properly test his brilliant concoctions and ideas?

"Good." And with that, and an armful of goodies, Mori took his leave. Hopefully the short male would take his warning and be more gracious next time. If he didn't do it willingly, at least the drugs would help.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 am

Again I scowled, setting my jaw tightly and pressing my lips together in extreme distaste. ‘All for me’. Fff. I’m sure keeping me here was actually costing them more money anyway, maybe. In food and supplies and shit. I don’t know how all this crap works. Besides, it wasn’t like I was unpleasant by any means. If he thought I was, he had no fucking idea.

He was the one being a goddamn hassle. Ugh.

I remained silent however with another unamused roll of my eyes, dropping back against my bed with a dull thud and sinking into the not very comfortable pillow, letting my arms drape up above my skull lazily.

I’m so fucking over this.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down