Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting Hoops [KYO/Closed]

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shooting Hoops [KYO/Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Shooting Hoops [KYO/Closed]

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 am

I didn’t know, he was right. Clearly if he somehow made bank by being in some sort of a gang I wasn’t about to take his bashful demeanor entirely for granted. When he again pointed out that he was good with his hands though I couldn’t suppress the chuckle I offered.

See, I’d take him up on that… but a small part of me was still paranoid that he was hella crazy. Last thing I wanted was some weird ass attachments to some not-so-stable people before I was almost on my way out of here.

However when the younger man laughed at what I assumed was my butchered pronunciation my brows furrowed together briefly, making a tiny face as he called me cute even. Nope. Definitely not. Cute?! I sighed heavily, making it a point to draw the gesture out extendedly and obnoxiously as it slumped my shoulders. He was lucky I didn’t punch him for that right here.

I said nothing to the compliment, though instead glad that the other changed the subject. I didn’t like it to really linger on me for long. Dropping those impossibly dark orbs to meet his I answered, my words falling rapidly from my mouth.
”Hai, watashi wa jissai ni watashi no ryoushin o chuushin ni, Nihongo o hanashita.” Did that answer his question enough? I smirked with one corner of my mouth rather smug. My accent was a bit awkward, not that he would know if he didn’t speak it himself… but I added on anyway, back in English. “… my parents didn’t speak English.”

Yes, I spoke about them in the past tense. Strange? Maybe they learned English.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:51 am

I heard the sigh and frowned a bit, looking away. "Ah, sorry, that just... slipped out..." I mumbled, looking back up and opening my mouth to speak before Kyo rattled off a full sentence in Japanese and I just stared up at him wide-eyed, jaw going a tiny bit slack as I listened.

I loved sounds, loved speaking and words and... other languages. And I stared directly at him the whole time, having to blink myself out of the daze that that had most definitely put me in.

"A-ah... Oh," I replied, licking my lips before finally closing my mouth. "Uhm... You... What did you... H-hm..." I stuttered out, clearing my throat and taking a moment before raising a brow. "Didn't? As in...?" I asked. He could ignore the question, or he could answer it. But it was something to get my mind off of the stuttering mess it was. I waited for a moment before reaching up, resting a hand on Kyo's neck softly and massaging it a bit. After all I still felt kind of bad about the whole 'cute' thing. But with my face stuck in constant blush sometimes words just slipped out.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:44 pm

I still said nothing to the apology nor being called cute. It just happened to be a pet peeve of mine, nothing more. People liked to assume my unfortunate vertical predicament meant that I was adorable and harmless. I was far from it.

The man was stumbling over his own words soon enough and I simply stared down at him, waiting for a coherent sentence to be spit out. That smug smirk never fell from my features. Did I swoon him with my romantic lingo? Heh. As Jiho tried and tried to say something that made any sort of sense to me my brows lofted slowly in puzzled anticipation, cocking my head. I… didn’t? What didn’t I do? I had to backtrack what I just said myself in my head, trying to put sense to his query. Oh, he must have meant when I referred to my parents. Sharp eyes narrowed without even realizing that I showed any sort of distaste so bluntly upon my facade, shifting my attention to resume staring sharply at the staff across the yard instead. “Um…”

Where to even begin with that? Thoughtlessly I chewed at the backs of my piercings in my mouth, a habit of mine as he’d probably remember from the plastic bottle cap I annihilated upon our first meeting. “Don’t, I guess.” I shrugged, correcting my usage of tense. After a long, drawn out moment, I quietly added. “… I haven’t talked to them in years.”

I wasn’t exactly a star example of a great son or anything. I didn’t pull my gaze away either from the nameless Joe’s watching over the area, not even when Jho’s hand found the back of my neck trying to reassure me.

So… let’s change the subject now, yes?
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:59 pm

"Oh."

Well, there was that. I wasn't exactly a prime example of a good son, either, was I? I disliked my parents, wasn't really one for family at all except for my brother, and had been extremely happy when I'd finally gotten out of there. But judging by the look on the other man's face, he wanted to stop talking about it and so I would.

I didn't really want to get into my family life either.

I kept my hand on the back of the other man's neck, however, still gently massaging even when I didn't get a response. It was just something I'd gotten used to doing, and I hoped he wouldn't mind it. At this point it was just a bit of calming reassurance, and I scratched softly just to add it in. I even noticed Kyo nibbling at his lip piercings and I frowned, brows furrowed.

"What about animals? You good with pets?" I asked, trying to offer a smile up at him. I had a dog, so... It would be a pretty big shame if he was allergic or something.

Wow, look at me, thinking ahead like he'd already said yes to all of that. Mainly I was just trying to change the subject.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm

The subject at hand quickly fell flat and I was glad for the abrupt drop off over parents. Yup. There was a good reason why I ran away. I’m sure some part of me deep inside misses my family… after all, they created me. But I try not to linger nor let it affect me. And nor would I care to ask about his in return. After all, as far as I see it, we’re both grown men, perfectly capable of making our own decisions and running our own lives. I didn’t care to ask about his mommy and daddy.

I was probably hella bitter. Oh well.

My head tipped somewhat as the other continued to rub and lightly scratch at the muscles and skin there, still clicking the metal in my bottom lip against my teeth to keep busy. Animals? Again I shrugged, dropping my attention to my lap and his head resting in it now, picking at the fabric pulled over my palms. I was very… antsy for whatever reason. It’s no wonder I smoke like a damn train. It’s only been some minutes in between my last hit off of my eCig.

“Yeah, I guess. Never had any.” I can’t even afford to keep myself taken care of, let alone subject another living creature under my care.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:16 pm

I hummed in response, nodding a bit. Never had a pet? That was a shame. My dog kept me sane sometimes, which was rich coming from someone stuck in a nuthouse, I guess. But I could understand and I nibbled on my lip slightly, shooting a sideways glance at the other man's hands before taking one of them with my free hand and holding it to rest on my chest, lips pursed.

"I understand why people talk to me about being antsy and fidgety now," I mumbled, smiling up at Kyo. I would always offer him a cigarette if he wanted one, though that would mean I would have to go back up to my room to get it. I didn't really want to lose the comfort of my place right now.

"Then... Anything. Tell me anything interesting. And don't say that you aren't interesting because everyone is, even if it's just a bit." I offered him a smile, still toying absently with his hair and neck as I spoke. I was going to get him to relax if it was the last thing I did. "Even just a random thing, I don't give a fuck. Everyone has something that gets them through the day, right?"
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Hmph. I wasn’t antsy and fidgety. I just… didn’t like talking about myself. Delving into personal information. Especially in a building full of crazies. And, I still had my own electronic smoke tucked up behind an ear since I had brought it out with me, I just didn’t want to blow through my only filter that was supposed to last me a week. It’s hard to know when to stop with those things, since they don’t physically burn out.

When Jiho snagged up my left hand I offered a tiny exhale, mumbling under my breath. “They should allow gum here.” Then I wouldn’t be killing myself either, keeping my mouth busy. Heh. Piercings can only sidetrack me for so long.

As the other insisted that I broaden out on my extremely riveting life I sighed softly, staring lazily up at the leaves above me in deep contemplation. I really was trying, to think of something interesting to tell the man. What gets me though the day? A good nights sleep… cigarettes… some food… I pursed my lips, coming up blank. Was I really so boring?

“… no.” I finally settled on. Not a damn thing I could think up that I was willing to indulge. Instead I shifted, peering down at that full head of artificial blonde instead. “You talk.” He’s clearly much more fascinating than I.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Aw man, they really should allow gum. But knowing the rules it was probably some choking hazard and of course it wouldn't be allowed. I didn't get it, though, when technically all food was a choking hazard of some sort. I gave his hand a squeeze.

Well there went my attempt at trying to figure out more about the other man. Maybe in the future, or who knew? Still, I finally let my hand drop from Kyo's neck, instead moving it to meet its mate and rest on Kyo's hand, curling around it out of instinct as I sighed.

"But... What am I supposed to talk about? What do you want to know?" I asked, leaning my head back and meeting his gaze. Absently I studied his face a bit, though it was different than before. This time it was more familiar, more just remembering features and noticing new, little ones. I did get side-tracked by his piercings, though, and I bit my lip, eyelids dropping slightly as I looked them over. Eventually though, I met his eyes again.

It was very rare that I would find myself saying this, but...

"I'll tell you anything you want to know." I said it softly but there was a soft smile apparent on my lips, hands still curled almost protectively over the other man's.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Choking hazards… maybe gum was just banned for being obnoxious. I mean, can you imagine all of the unstable people that would stick it into hair? All over the building? Talk about gross.

I did nothing really to the clinging of my own limb, but it wasn’t like I pulled away either. I mostly was trying to focus on it so as not to continue to fidget or pick at things. After all, if he was literally holding my hand captive then I couldn’t do anything sidetracking or destructive with it.

As the other asked what he was supposed to talk about though I scoffed loudly, a sarcastic smirk pulling at decorated lips. See?! “Whatever you wanted me to talk about.” I waved my free hand around in the air beside my head just to accentuate my point. It’s hard coming up with a subject to discuss when there isn’t much to a person to begin with. Eventually I dropped my own gaze again too, staring at Jiho’s head in my lap almost expectantly.

Anything I wanted to know, hmm? Heh. I had to bite my tongue from spouting off more sarcastic questions I didn’t really care to know the answer to, I just wanted to be an ass. It’s sort of my default mode, even with people I can somewhat enjoy company with. It’s no wonder I’m not close to anyone.

“Surprise me.” Maybe that will give me enough time to ponder something to ask.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:20 pm

"Surprise you?"

How could I surprise him? I could talk about anything, anything at all, and now that I was put on the spot I couldn't think of anything. All I wanted was to get to know him. I sighed, lips pursed as I thought.

"Something about me..." Shit, my mind immediately went to the gutter and I scrunched my nose in distaste. "I haven't been outside of L.A since I was little and moved there in the first place... I used to work at a liquor store and I'm a damn good bartender. I can make drinks that can knock even the best on their asses." I chuckled. Alcohol always got me in so much trouble. I pretty much had never had sex without the influence of it, which was sad now that I thought about it, and it was weird being without it for so long.

"Ah... My dog's name is Chanel?" Which, now that I thought about it, sounded fantastically flamboyant and oh lord. I laughed at myself. "Yeah, Chanel. I should have thought about that beforehand."

Any other facts would invariably lead down the road to talking about sex, which I was all for, but I didn't know what about that I could talk about without mentioning how ridiculously sexually frustrated I was so I kept quiet about it for now, fingers absently tapping a rhythm on the other man's hand.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 am

Haaah. Now he understood how strange it was to be put on the spot like that, to have to think up something entertaining to talk about. Except, I’m almost positive there’s something of interest about him, unlike myself.

He however did have the guts to just chatter, so I simply lay back against the trunk of that tree, glad to not be talking about myself anymore. “You’re outside of L.A. now.” I pointed out bluntly with a one-sided little smirk, peering down at the younger. But hey, let’s start a tally of all the things Jiho was god at. Running an underground gang or something, making money clearly, any and all art including tattoos, basketball, bartending… I scowled at nothing in particular.

At least until he told me his pet’s name. I even did a bit of a double take, blinking down at him. “… Chanel…?” I couldn’t help it, I laughed. Light-heartedly, of course. Flamboyant indeed. “Isn’t that a clothing brand or something.”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 am

"I meant... Not including right now," I mumbled, puffing my cheeks glancing up at him. I noticed the scowl and frowned, reaching up with one hand and letting my thumb drag along his lips to try to make him stop his frowning.

That was, at least, until he laughed. That was when I dropped that hand back to the ground.

I couldn't help but pout the slightest bit, nodding with a bit of an exasperated huff. "Yeah..." I started, shaking my head at myself. "Clothes and bags, perfume... I must have been really distracted that day," I added, looking back up at Kyo. I let my fingertips rest loosely between his before I sighed. "Don't laugh... Well, I guess you can laugh a little."

It was pretty ridiculous.

Man, what had I been thinking?

"It just must've stuck. He answers to it now, though." I shrugged, still chuckling just a bit.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:28 am

Heh. I snickered when Jiho pointed out the obvious much as I myself just had seconds ago. The feather light touch of his thumb trailing across my lips however did immediately wipe that scowl right off of my features, if mostly out of surprise to the gentle gesture I really shouldn’t be caught off guard anymore by now over Jiho, though. He tends to be quite… affectionate around me. I’ve definitely noticed. In a way, I felt kind of sorry for him, knowing that I’m a huge dick bag in return and I don’t let anyone get very close to me. All of the stuff he’s gotten away with so far? Even most of our conversations… that was me being nice. Hnh. I wonder if he’d understand that.

In any case when the other confirmed his dog’s name I chuckled again, a single brow quirking playfully as he expanded. How very... gay of him. Reaching down I ruffled the other’s blonde locks teasingly. “I’m trying to imagine you as a big scary gang leader with a purse hanging off of your arm.”

The ridiculous image in my head only got me to laugh harder, having actually put words to thought.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:39 am

I appreciated just the ability to have someone to have a conversation with, I really did, and I also appreciated that loss of the sharp frown on his face, which actually made me smile a bit. Until he ruffled my hair and spoke. I scrunched my nose, eyes narrowing up at him and lips pursed tightly as I tried not to laugh as well.

I couldn't help it - it was pretty fucking funny.

"I don't have a purse," I said with a faint pout, giving his hand a squeeze. Absently I fixed my hair with my free hand, shaking my head. "Hey now..." I watched Kyo as he laughed, actually quite alright with seeing him like this. It was refreshing to see the other man laughed - I liked that, and I grinned softly up at him, even absently slipping my fingers further between his and almost twining them. "I'm not that gay," I said, chuckling.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:19 am

Haah. Okay, maybe not a purse. But one of those ‘man bags’ I could totally imagine him with now. And it was making me chuckle harder. “Mhm.” He didn’t make it any more convincing about not being that gay when he laced our digits together. Really?? I laughed aloud, holding up his hand as if to say ‘Oh really’? “I don’t believe you.” I teased, smirking at him before dropping my hand back to his chest again lazily.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 am

I looked at our hands and narrowed my eyes, lips pursed as he dropped them back to my chest. Whatever, he was letting me hold his hand so... But the smirk made me quirk a brow and I huffed, eventually cracking a little bit of a smile and sighing at the tease.

"I said 'not that gay', not 'I don't like men'," I mumbled, shaking my head. "Jerk." It was clearly a tease, as I grinned a moment later.

I couldn't help it... I just really wanted to kiss him. A lot. All the time. I just sighed softly and shook my head at myself, head arching back as I looked up at the other man, smiling up at him.

"You really need to give yourself more credit and laugh more - I really like your smile."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 am

God. I continued to chuckle, my stupid fit showing off the laugh lines in my cheeks and of course my less than flattering teeth and all. That was a good point, I wasn’t exactly pulling away or anything… who knew the real reason as to why. Maybe I was simply entertaining him. Maybe I honestly didn’t mind. Maybe there was something more behind it.

When Jiho pointed out the obvious though I offered a tiny choke of realization in between laughter, how very true that was I guess. Ho boy. Phew. Eventually my giggles died down and I wheezed a calming breath, still grinning like a damn fool myself. It was then Jiho decided to compliment me. Immediately I tried to press pierced tiers tightly together to hide my teeth in self-awareness, poking a pink tongue out briefly to whet over the pastel petals. “Mm…” I turned my attention away bashfully, shaking my head. Nope. No. “I-…” I started, but cut myself off, instead closing my mouth once again and trying to act like I wasn’t being all shy and shit. Eeehh. My smile was… just… no. Nothing like his.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:32 am

The moment Kyo turned away at the compliment and started to act bashful I smiled, unable to hide the amusement that was clearly written all over my face. Ah how the tables had turned. Now who was all shy? I finally sat up, keeping his hand held until the last moment before I cupped both of his cheeks, still smiling.

"Shh," I said softly, shaking my head. "Can't argue with me on my opinion. I like your smile." I patted his cheek before dropping both hands to his shoulders, looking him over for a second. "You look even more handsome when you smile." I even stayed away from cute, despite the fact that it was kind of adorable how he reacted. Besides, his eyes lit up when he laughed. It was nice.

"You don't have to believe me if you don't want to," I started, giving Kyo's shoulders a squeeze , "but I think your smile is great." I shot him as small smile of my own, one thumb idly smoothing over his neck. I mean, I thought more than just his smile was great, but if I could get that through to him, maybe I could start getting other stuff through.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:58 am

Grosss… I’m so pathetic, ew. What the hell. This is why people aren’t allowed to say nice things to me, jesus fucking Christ. I literally… can’t even think of the last time I got sincere compliments. I mean, a bunch of runaway hobo’s aren’t exactly the best company in the world, and we certainly don’t run around stroking each other’s self-esteem and ego’s. No, we’re too busy trying to fucking survive however we saw fit. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and all that nonsense. Now that I think about it, I think the most kinds of ‘good’ things that were ever said about me were mostly regarding my body mods. ‘Cool tattoos’ and whatknot. I couldn’t even take credit for them, I wasn’t like I designed or tatted the things myself. Nope, I was just a blank canvas to flaunt someone else’s artistic ability.

Ah well, that was what I paid them money to do. I liked them, regardless.

Besides, Jiho was a dam liar. I know my smile wasn’t anything special. I desperately needed to see a dentist, but when you don’t have insurance that’s not exactly high up on the to-do list of shit to get done. I was a smoker, and I survived on coffee, so my teeth weren’t even that white. Thankfully I was still kind of young so they weren’t entirely gross, but they definitely weren’t pearlescent. And, I should have probably had braces when I was a young kid. My parents though, being Japanese, didn’t think too hard on it. After all, it’s not as much as a big thing back in Japan as it is here. Not to say that I didn’t grow up here myself, but I’m not a very convincing child begging for reconstructive surgeries or the like.
And I most definitely didn’t have the money to pay out of pocket to get that shit aligned. I didn’t care. It wasn’t like they caused me any physical pain or troubles. I just didn’t smile much.

On top of that, I rarely smiled as is. Sort of one of those… rough around the edges sort of guys. Grins are overrated.

When Jiho shifted to finally sit up rightfully opposite of me I scowled to his hushing, really trying hard to ignore the way he cupped at my features. Fff. “Hn.” I murmured flatly, narrowing my eyes. I couldn’t argue his opinion but I could disagree.

H-handsome though?! My eyebrows scrunched in disbelief. “What? No.” Helll no was more like it. Handsome was reserved for those guys that stood tall, had chiseled features, a winning smile… you know, like the image sitting right in fucking front of me.

Handsome was definitely a small, tiny, minuscule step above cute though. He probably would have gotten decked if he tried that again.

As he continued to praise my… err features I smirked sarcastically with one corner of my lips, rolling sharp eyes. “I’m sure.” I averted my gaze though, glancing sideways at anything else. Awkward… I really didn’t like all the attention being on me.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:26 am

I let out a little huff of a sigh, almost immediately frowning. It was hard to give compliments when they were batted back to me with a negative response every time. Even if they were true, I couldn't do anything to change his mind. I'd prove it to him somehow. Someday. Whenever it would be.

I didn't give a shit about the fact that his teeth were crooked, or anything else that he thought was wrong. There were so many more aspects of a smile besides teeth. Smiles were in the way a person's eyes lit up, how the lines of their face accentuated themselves. It was more about the things in addition to the smile than the smile in itself for me. I quietly looked over the other man's features as he looked away, shaking my head a bit.

I would get him to believe me somehow.

After a moment a somewhat defeated sigh slipped from my lips and I looked down, noting the sarcasm in his tone and shrugging. I didn't really know what to say to it, to be fair. Was I supposed to be honest? For once in my life was I just going to flat out say what I felt? Oh lord, I didn't even know where I should start with that. I let my hands drop from his neck as I swallowed, one resting on the ground next to me, the other very lightly placed just barely on Kyo's knee.

"You know, I'm actually being sincere here," I mumbled, still looking down. "I mean it - I don't even fucking know why I like you, I just... Do. Okay? I'm not used to this shit - I'm usually black out drunk when I'm with someone, and I've never... I don't even know what to say..." Hesitantly I gave his knee a soft squeeze before pulling my hand away completely, losing the contact there and almost immediately missing it. "I really hope you grasp how much you've helped me, and how much you've calmed me down. I've never actually wanted to be all touchy with someone before this. Just you. Who the fuck knows why. You're special. I just want you to believe me when I tell you that. You don't belong in this place, and I'll miss the fuck out of you when you get out. Because I... Like you. Or some shit."

I sounded lame in my head. But it was heartfelt, which wasn't exactly the norm for me. Maybe there was something a bit more than a stupid little crush on someone that I didn't even know a lot about. But mystery and stubbornness suited Kyo, and I already knew I wasn't going to be able to change it. I wouldn't want to anyway - it was part of his charm.

Eventually I looked back up, giving him a soft but actually quite genuine smile despite the fact that my cheeks were bright red. I wasn't used to saying this kind of thing to anyone.

"So yeah. I think you're handsome. Because there's more than one kind of handsome." I let the silence take over for a moment before I dropped my head into my hand, shaking it slightly at myself.

"Sorry, that just all kinda... Ah, fuck," I mumbled, accent very clear as I laughed a bit awkwardly. Was it too much to say that all I wanted was some type of contact back, some little gesture of affection or understanding? Just a little one? A big one was acceptable too, but baby steps, right?

Fuck, man...
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:46 am

Ehh. Something about me, I‘ve just always turned away any sort of positive reinforcement to my person. Maybe deep down inside a small tiny part of me was fucked, at least in the loving, nurturing, self-esteem sort of way. Ah well. That shit wasn’t necessary to survive.

As Jiho pulled his hand away my attention returned to his own facial features, noting the tiny frown that pulled at his tiers. Man, just give up on trying to make me feel better, I’m a useless cause. My own fucking parents gave up on me. Hearing that lofty sigh I narrowed my own eyes out of habit moreso than anything else, just feeling a story coming on. Here we go.

So he liked me. That much was obvious. I mean, I liked the guy too, as much as I could find myself enjoying someone else’s company. It’s been a long, long time since I’ve let anyone get close. And to think, this wasn’t even close. The man knows near nothing about me and I don’t care to indulge. I opened my mouth somewhat as if I was about to say something, but instead I cut my vocals off and let him continue, instead sticking my own pink tongue into one side of me cheek. He wasn’t used to liking someone, or wasn’t used to liking someone…? The hints were kind of obvious. And now with the cards all thrown out on the table like that, it was up to me how I was going to react.

Part of me was glad, mostly for him. It was clear that even my incredibly boring, shut off company was helping the man. And if I was here, why not help him do a little better? It’s not like I hated the dude. Maybe he’d be able to get out of here faster with a level head. “Haah…” I could only breath, dropping that dark lidded gaze again to the grass beneath our legs. “Okay.” I shrugged, incredibly – terribly bad at receiving attention, praise, and the like. Okay, I get that I’ve helped him. And it was good. Okay, I get that he’s flustered… that I don’t know how to take myself. I get that he thinks I’m special, though I’d likely never ever understand why. He hardly even knows me – so in reality, he thinks a ghost of an appearance is special.

Whatever floats his boat, I suppose.

I did smirk at him though, lifting my eyes once more to meet his as my own features were the soft opposite of Jiho’s bashful, blushing cheeks . Hidden in that half-assed little facial expression really was gratitude, some tiny part of me felt good that he… uh. Felt so much better just because I’m an unresponsive dickbag of an ear to chat with around here.

“If I think about moving to California…” I let my words trail off. That was like… my own form of flattery? Ugh, I didn’t know either, I’m just as bad as he is at this sort of shit – probably even worse. But dropping everything (not that I had a lot to begin with) and moving away from Arizona? Ehh. We’d have to see. I was so used to flying solo. It’s just… weird to completely change how I think and act.

As Jiho dropped his head into his palm I chuckled softly, reaching out to… erm, nudge the other playfully in the shoulder. “Whatever.” I teased, unsure if I meant whatever to his apology, or him calling me handsome again. Like, I wanted to tell him he was good looking in return, because he really was. But like… every time I opened my mouth I couldn’t quite form the words. I did give his shoulder a tiny squeeze though, and a reassuring grin, as if that could make up for my awkwardness. I wasn’t really touchy feely as is. I didn’t like close contact, but yet I didn’t seem to mind spending my company and days here in his company. The drugs I was sailing on probably didn’t help any.

Baby steps indeed.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 am

There was a lot more than just being flustered here.

Maybe I was just a little bit thankful to know that he was actually listening. I mean, I was used to people listening to me, but those were just orders, plans, schedules... It was never about anything personal, much less about something this personal. But there was recognition there in his eyes, and a smile, and for that I was grateful.

More than anything I appreciated the grin.

Even the little words, the little sounds in response. It was worth it to note the fact that they existed, that all of my words weren't getting blown off. I just knew he was thinking about how he didn't think he was special or some shit, I could feel it, but one of these days...

"If you think about moving to Cali," I started, still looking down, "my doors are open." And I meant that one. The only other person I'd ever even thought about offering a room to was one of the men that I worked with when he lost his apartment. But that had fallen through, so technically I'd never had anyone even stay there. Even my brother had never visited. I really should call him sometime.

I let Kyo nudge my shoulder and I sighed out a soft chuckle, rocking a bit back and smiling. It was a bit of a weak smile, and I could tell my cheeks were still flushed, but it was a smile nonetheless. I nodded, finally looking up and letting one hand slip up to rest on his on my shoulder for a moment. Giving it a little squeeze, I glanced over at it.

Just little gestures.

"Whatever?" I asked, shaking my head and eventually letting that little smile morph into a full on grin, turning to meet his eyes again. I moved my hand from his, reaching over instead to fix the collar of his shirt absently, more looking for something to fiddle with than anything else. That, and maybe get a bit closer, but that was more an idle thought than an end game.

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting to get an answer because I wasn't sure if Kyo even knew what he meant. Still.

I knew Kyo was a man of few words, and that was fine. It was just kind of nice to have a shoulder to lean on, even if that shoulder to lean on was stubborn and quiet.

That was fine, too.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Jiho really had no idea how much even such tiny, friendly gestures meant coming from someone as entirely closed off and almost cold as I was. Well, maybe I wouldn’t quite say cold. I had a sense of humor, and I was sarcastic. Just not very friendly.

In any case as the other oriental took it upon himself to finish my sentence for me I just smirked, letting the soft tug of one corner of those decorated lips pull up into one of my usual, lop sided shows of amusement. “Mhm.” I mean, it was a lot to think about. But California over Arizona? That was a dumb given. Maybe someday. Someday after I’ve decided to put several states between my family and I rather than just the one in some sort of a sad, desperate cling for attention in the far back breaches of my mind. Someday after I’ve decided that I don’t need to be such a rebel and that it’s okay to lean on someone else for support.
Someday after I’ve learned that not all friends abandon you and stab you in the back whenever opportunity arises.

Jiho’s metal assessment and simple, mimicked query explained my one worded answer in incredible accuracy. I really didn’t even know exactly what I meant with that. It’s not every day someone is confessing that the actually care about me as a human being and not just as an asset. I’ve closed up so much to prevent from being taken advantage of and hurt that it’s sort of hard to let it all come back down again. Hell, it’s even hard to remotely crack open that damn thick door let alone tear down all of my protective surroundings.

“Yea, whatever.” I nodded, tipping my chin somewhat with a quiet chuckle as his hands went out to fix the fabric of my long sleeved shirt that I was wearing pointlessly. What an affectionate little Korean. It’s kind of cute.

Dark eyes did lift upwards though, watching just over the man’s broad shoulders and focusing on the security guards. I suppose my outside time was done here. It wasn’t like I had wandered out here with the idea to actually be active. With a long, exaggerated exhale I slowly pulled out from under his touch and pushed myself to a lazy stand, offering a hand to pull him up as well.

“I’ll let you get back to your game.”
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 pm

There were very few words I could use to describe the other man, other than stubborn and... odd. But he was a far cry from crazy, and a very good kind of odd. It was almost refreshing.

The little laugh was a nice touch, too, and I couldn't stop the smile that decided it was time to take over my features. It was short-lived, however, as the other man pulled away and the corners of my lips twitched into a gentle frown.

But... I didn't want to get back to my game now.

At this point I could have just been happy lying in bed talking for the rest of the day. Lord, I needed a damn outlet, maybe some television or something was in my future. Hm.

Regardless, I took his hand, standing up and letting out a little huff of a sigh. Maybe I held his hand a bit too long, too, but I didn't really care at this point. In some weird way, I felt like I'd actually gotten somewhere today. Quietly, I looked the other man's face over, eyes narrowing a bit just to focus my gaze as I finally let my hand slip from his, only to smooth over his neck for a moment in an almost reassuring gesture before resting on his shoulder.

"You sure you don't wanna join?" I asked, one brow quirked with a bit of a smirk on my lips. It never hurt to ask again, just this one last time. It was okay for him to say no, too.

All I wanted was for him to smile more and open up, as cheesy as that sounded.

... God, I sounded cheesy. Ugh.

Either way, I gave his shoulder a little squeeze, still smirking a bit though now it was more of a relaxed smile again.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 am

Odd was a surprisingly accurate statement to describe myself. But with the types of things I’ve been through? Of course I’m not the rich kid with perfect mannerisms. Hell, I don’t even have a shitload of talents to fall back on or a gang to back me up. I’ve got nothing. So I’ll settle for odd.

Once I had pulled Jiho to his feet I thoughtlessly tugged my hands away from his and brushed off the ass of my pants, even though it wasn’t like I cared if this damn uniform got dirty. The other’s palm felt warm against the nape of my neck and then shoulder as it dropped square.

“I’m sure.” I snickered, shaking my head. If I even tried that ball, would be bouncing off of people’s skulls instead of the metallic rim of the basketball hoop. Besides, watching the man being so active, seeing him without a shirt on, reminded me that I should probably go work out before I got flabby and fat cooped up in here.
And I didn’t like to work out with company.

Sliding out from underneath his had I playfully nudged him with my shoulder as I passed by, giving the other one final look over before turning on a heel to head back inside.

“See you later, Jiho.” I saluted him without looking, making my way back through the building. Time to go get hot and sweaty.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next