Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check-In [Closed | Andou Daisuke]

2 posters

Go down

Check-In [Closed | Andou Daisuke] Empty Check-In [Closed | Andou Daisuke]

Post by Haru Mori Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 am

It had been a good handful of days since the doctor had checked in on his patient. However in somewhat creepy passing, Haru had noticed that he was out of his room, off of the IV, and attempting to eat solid foods.

You could say he was proud. Or hopeful. You see, he wasn't all bad. In his pockets, Mori had several options for pills to give Dai, depending on how he was behaving. In the very least, he could improve his mood. He silently proceeded down the hallway, tossing a water bottle from hand to hand as he moved, until he met with the male's room door.

Rapping on the door with the sealed lid of that bottle, Haru reached out to check if it was open. Unless of course, he was told not to by whoever was inside. However, if he wasn't stopped, he proceeded in. Was his patient even here?

Last edited by Haru Mori on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Check-In [Closed | Andou Daisuke] Empty Re: Check-In [Closed | Andou Daisuke]

Post by Andou Daisuke Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:21 am

Die had been out and about a few times, at least to the cafeteria each day to get something to eat, and once to wander the hallways just because he felt restless and needed something to do other than sit in a room that he considered to be growing more and more boring by the day.

He needed something to do, he was getting too far into his own head and it was really starting to bother him that all he could do was sit there and think constantly. And so, when someone tapped on his door, he looked up, and then murmured, "Come in," despite being sure that whoever it was would come in anyway.

When he realized it was Doctor Mori, he summoned up a small smile and pushed himself up off the bed, proffering up his hand to the other in an attempt to show him he was glad he was there, glad someone cared to come and check in on him like this. "Hi!" he offered somewhat brightly.
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Mori wasn't quite expecting a smile as he entered. He never got those when he was greeted. Everyone either hated him, or was scared of him. Probably feelings that fell in-between as well. The only explanation was that he didn't know him yet. It had to be.

Haru blinked a few times, before offering a somewhat awkward half-smile back to him. "Hello. How are you feeling?" Haru pulled that chair to sit in front of Dai in the same manner as the last time, crossing his legs one over the other. He didn't pull anything out of his pockets just yet.

Motioning to the lack of an IV, Mori nodded. "I see you don't need that anymore. That's good." Maybe he didn't need any more pills. But he was damned if he wasn't going to give them to him anyways.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Die pulled his hand back when it wasn't taken, flushing a bit at having shoved himself out there and not gotten a reply. Maybe the other didn't like to touch his patients... that had to be it.

He settled back on bad, leaning forward a bit and bracing his arms on his thighs, hands dangling between his legs. "I'm okay... bored though. I wish I'd brought a few books." He shrugged. "My mistake, no one else's." He tilted his head a little when the other spoke again. "I slept quite a bit and got caught up and I've eaten at least one good meal a day so far since the IV's been out."

Shifting slightly, he offered, "Still feel down, but I know I'm on the way out of the hole... really, I just want to figure out how to stay out of it this time. No more plunges, you know?" He probably did know... better than Die, perhaps.
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Mori must have not been paying attention when he disregarded that hand being held out to him. Likely misread it as a greeting and not a handshake.

When the other male shifted and became more comfortable, Haru was surprised. His body language had changed a lot since he was last in here. He did catch his request though, and arched an eyebrow. Books? Well shit, he could make that happen. He had tons. The doctor might have been a drug addict, but he was very intelligent.

He nodded when the male spoke about eating. "Keeping everything down?" He assumed so, or he wouldn't continue to eat, but who knew? As he continued, the doctor listened. Well that he could fix.

"What do you like to read?" He questioned as his fingers dug through his pockets for a small plastic drug container. Twisting the cap, he pushed two capsules out into his palm. "And how is the cough?" It sounded like it was gone, but he had only been in there for a small amount of time.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Die watched him and then nodded. "Yeah, I am. The first day was rough, everything irritated my stomach and I had some diarrhea, but no vomiting. And I can't eat a lot yet, but I'm slowly ramping it up." He seemed somehow proud of himself for that at least. Self-regulating in the positive sense.

He watched the other pulling out some kind of pills, intent on actually asking what he was being given this time. He just liked to know. "Mmm... classics, science fiction... magical things? I didn't like Lord of the Rings, too dry. But Heinlein, Bradbury... those are amazing." He blinked a bit. "The cough is getting better, but when I wake up in the morning it's still bad."
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:39 am

When the male gave him a run down about his eating status, Mori nodded. That was good. He was surprised, honestly. People who simply stopped eating like that usually needed more motivation to get back into the swing of things.

When Dai spoke about his books, Haru thought for a moment to himself. "I'll see what I can find." He might have a few books along those lines. Most of what he had were research novels and scientific findings.

Handing the male the two pills, he awaited his return of an open palm. "These will help with your appetite a bit. They will also help level out your mood." He knew the man was depressed, but it seemed much better. He glanced over Dai's new set of clothes. "Those seem to fit a bit better." The man was still very thin. He pulled out another set of those dissolvable tablets and handed them over as well. "These are the same as last time. Take them when your throat hurts." He only gave the male enough for one dose, so he wasn't worried when he chose to take them.

Glancing around the room, the doctor arched a brow. "Do you have any water in here?" He should have had a bottle, or a paper cup. Everyone needed to stay hydrated, regardless of their level of crazy.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:17 am

Die returned a quiet, "Thank you," in response to the other saying he'd see what he could find for him. When the pills were held out to him, he reached and took them. "May I ask what they are? I just like to stay informed of what I'm taking." Not that he was going to argue with him over it. He glanced around the room and then accepted the other pills as well, putting those on the nightstand for later.

He nodded at the comment about his clothing. "Yes, these fit much better, thank you for that as well. I felt like I was swimming in the others." He gestured at the tablets. "What were those as well?"

At the question about water, he shook his head. "I didn't think we were allowed to have anything in the rooms."
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Doctor Mori inclined his head at the thank you, but paused at his questioning of the medicine. He peered up at the male and looked from one of his opposing eyes to the other.

What was he supposed to say? I actually made these myself and they are not FDA certified, but I really think they are going to work for you because I believe in my own work more than any one else's? Yeah, that wasn't going to work. So instead, he thought for a brief moment and pushed his brain before speaking.

"Utmanducare magis Etbeati." He knew that most people wouldn't have been able to translate what he had just said, especially at the speed in which he spoke it. It really did sound like the name of some sort of medicine, now that it came from his lips. He gave Dai a look of certainty, before adding. "It's mostly herbal." And a smirk.

He shouldn't question that.

And to the clothing comment, Haru nodded. "You were." Swimming in the clothes that was. And of course he questioned the other tablets as well. The doctor refrained from openly sighing. Of course he got the patient that couldn't leave well enough alone. "Those were..." He paused for a minute. "Utesomno Melius Dolor." He paused. "Also herbal."

Yes herbal, homeopathic. Words that people could relate to.

Finally, when the other male spoke up about having water, Haru's brows arched. "I won't have you getting dehydrated on me." He glanced at the male once more. "If I give you a bottle of water are you going to go on a rampage and stab everyone in sight?" He stared the other male down. I really couldn't have him without water though. Especially if he wasn't going to eat very much. He was my guinea pig, after all.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Die accepted the answers on the medicines without question, trying to file away the information in his head. He just nodded a little. So his doctor was giving him herbal treatments rather than Western medicine. Well, that was fine with him. All the pills from before hadn't done shit, so why the hell not?

He gave him a look that clearly was apologetic at being the twenty questions patient and then not having water to take the pills with. He worked up a lot of spit and put one pill in, swallowing it and only looking mildly disgusted. But the other, he knew he couldn't get down like that, on the verge of gagging from the first one. He glanced up at the question and then snorted. "Right... over water." Shaking his head, he offered a smile. "Not a chance."
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Blinking slowly, Haru watched as the male simply took the pills anyway. Was he not fast enough to get him water in time? When he made a face, Mori made a face. "You could have waited until I brought you water back, you know." He stared at the male. How peculiar.

It was funny that right after that, he answered his question. "Standard procedure." Shrugging, Mori rose to a stand and turned towards the door, pulling it open and sticking his head out. He certainly wasn't going to do it. Seeing one of the many volunteers passing by, he flagged one down. "When you have a moment, I need a bottle of water." Of course, with a doctor making a request, the worker in question dropped everything and hopped to it. Letting the door fall closed, the doctor turned around towards the patient.

"Let me know if something doesn't feel right about that medicine." He paused, re-thinking his words. "Because it's herbal, sometimes people have reactions." He's seen it in the past.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Die shrugged a little. He just hadn't wanted to seem like he wasn't going to take them or something. He'd heard a fight the night before in the next room over with an unwilling patient and a nurse trying to get them to take their pills. And he definitely didn't want to get to that level over something he'd have taken voluntarily. He held up the second one. "Still got this one..."

He watched the doctor go to the door and ask for a bottle of water from a staff member. He pulled one leg up onto the bed and leaned slightly on it, pondering the words that the other issued toward him. After a few moments, he just nodded again and then sniffed. "Okay." Trusting... maybe too trusting, but Die had no reason to think anyone would hurt him.
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:02 am

Well that was easy. It was a damn good thing that was a dead, forgotten language. Mori immediately felt a small sense of awkward when the water didn't immediately arrive. He wasn't good at idle chatting.

"Have you had any other episodes while you've been here? Like the one you told me about when we first met." At least that's what he thought he called it. When he hit rock bottom and got very depressed. That was the one. He figured he hadn't, due to the food. But he might have been lying. Who knew?

Luckily he didn't have to kill too much time, as after a few brief moments, that volunteer was knocking lightly on the door, hand-delivering that water to Mori. He was quick to answer, as he hadn't taken another seat just yet, and thanked them just as quickly.

"Here you go." He walked it over to the other male and deposited it either in his hands, or next to him in bed. "Just ask the nurse to give you another one when you want it." He paused. He didn't think he needed to mention for him to take all of his pills. And if he took them like he said, he'd be asleep in no time.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:40 am

Die shook his head when he was asked. "No, I haven't. I think knowing I'm trying to do something about it is helping a little bit, if nothing else. And hopefully," he held up the remaining pill, "whatever this is, is helping, too!" He offered a hopeful smile and then glanced behind him at the door when it opened.

When the water was handed over, Die took it and cracked the lid open. He tossed the pill in his mouth and then took a swallow of the water, taking another few sips before closing it and putting it on the counter. "Thank you... I actually have a question," Die murmured, suddenly a bit softer spoken than he had been a few moments before. "I was wondering if when I eat... if I can't finish things like a single piece of fruit or my drink, if I'm allowed to bring them back here as long as I don't make a mess or leave the cores in the trash in here."
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:53 pm

As the patient spoke, Mori listened carefully. He needed to know if his 'medicine' was working or not. At the news though, he offered a small smile. "Good."

Mori watched as the male took that other pill with the provided and turned on his heel, about to leave. He did however, pause then the other asked him a question. "Hmm. That should be fine." Especially in his case. The man needed to eat. "If the nurses tell you otherwise, let them know that I approved it." At least for the time being.

He continued walking towards the door and opened it, before turning his head over his shoulder. "Keep up the good work. I'll check in soon." And unless Dai stopped him, Haru continued out, shutting the door lightly behind him.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Andou Daisuke Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Die nodded despite knowing the other couldn't see him. He just watched him go, settling back on his bed once the other had left. He held a lot of hope that the doctor would send someone back with a book at some point relatively soon to alleviate the boredom brought on by this place. Four walls, a door, and a window weren't much to go with in that department.

He shifted to put his feet under the covers, finding them unusually cold, his gaze roving the room long after the doctor had gone. At least... he felt like they were keeping tabs on him. That much was good.
Andou Daisuke
Andou Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down