Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actual Rest [CLOSED]

2 posters

Go down

Actual Rest [CLOSED] Empty Actual Rest [CLOSED]

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm

I hummed along to a song on the radio, something that I'd been given after a lot of pleading and some good behavior. Wow, good behavior from me. This was probably the only time I would ever even think those thoughts and, as I laid on my bed, I glanced out the window with a sigh. At least there was a window, I supposed... But I was done with those stupid curtains. That made me purse my lips as I stared at them, shaking my head.

"No style," I mumbled, quietly wishing that I could maybe get some clothes that were a little less... hospital-y. Still, once the long sleeved shirt was off I guess it wasn't that bad, and that's how I was relaxing right now, door cracked open and myself facing away from it. Clearly I was more focused on the outside, and idly I wondered if maybe something active would help right now. The music was certainly a nice distraction though I'd been told to keep it low so it didn't disturb anyone. That sucked, but at least music existed.

For the first time I'd actually managed to sleep, even if it was just for a bit. Maybe I was learning to block out the screams or something, or was just getting desensitized to it, but it was nice to actually have the feeling of waking up. And what that doctor had told me kept playing back, how if I played nice I might be able to get out of here sooner rather than later... There wasn't really much that I'd miss if I could walk out that door right now, this second.

Sighing softly, I looked at the door, not really noticing anyone in the hall and not minding. Instead I let one foot dangle off the edge of my bed, turning my attention back to the window and just lying there, enjoying the sound of the song echoing in the room, no matter how softly it was playing.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Actual Rest [CLOSED] Empty Re: Actual Rest [CLOSED]

Post by JordanFriend Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:12 pm

I held a clipboard between my paled hands, letting my feet drag lazily at the insipid tiles that lingered beneath me as I made my way towards an unfamiliar room that was housing an unfamiliar patient. My eyes, after lifting from my clipboard, noted that the door was somewhat cracked and I peered briefly inside, wetting my lips for speech but nothing emerged from my throat. I pushed my shoulder at the door, slithering inside for a beat before letting my left hand to knock lightly at the white wood. I cleared my throat, allowing my practiced voice to amble out.

"Hello? I'm Dr. Friend and I've been assigned your case.."

I trailed off, squinting and coming closer while pocketing my left hand into my lab coat. Fishing out a pen, I scribbled for a moment at my notes while casting a gaze to the radio and then letting it drip back to the male.
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:53 pm

I half expected a patient to sneak into the room, but when my eyes were greeted by a man in a white lab coat that I had never seen before I blinked, lips pursed and interested.

"Oh hooray, how exciting," I replied, pushing myself up in bed so I was sitting up. Oh no, was I being sassy and sarcastic again? My bad. Rolling my eyes at myself I looked at the man, Dr. Friend - wasn't that an obnoxiously happy name, and quirked a brow.

"So what, are you gonna talk to me about how insane I supposedly am?" I asked, smirking. "You can turn the radio off if you want."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I moved to the radio, turning it just a tad bit lower and allowing it to hum in the background. Tapping the end of my pen at my clipboard, I slid a bit forwards towards the man, wearing a half grin, "Hide your amusement; God knows I have to every time I come back to this place."

I then nodded at his inquiry. "That I am, that I am. We can start with your name, date of birth, and gender.."

My feet shifted lightly, finding a comfortable place on the floor and remaining stationary as I went on with my notes while my attention began to center itself on the man on the bed.
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Really? Name, date of birth, and gender? Couldn't he just look at a damn clipboard and see for himself? I didn't really find the need to answer but I just sighed, quite loudly actually, and curled both of my feet up onto the bed in indian-style, keeping my eyes on the man in front of me.

If there was something I had learned, both on the streets and in this place, it was to never look away from someone you didn't trust.

"Woo Jiho. September 14, 1992. And I'm a guy. Clearly," I added, brow still quirked as I played with the sheet on the bed. On the list of things I wasn't a fan of, getting questioned about personal stuff was probably number two or three. Regardless, I had to play along or I wouldn't be that well-behaved, lovely, calm guy that I was making everyone think I was. I was cooling my temper down, and they better appreciate that.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:32 pm

"I'm sorry that you have to go through all these questions again; I just need it for my own personal records and it'd be easier to gather all at one time. It's to make sure there's consistency and coherency."

I murred and an exhale fell over my lips as I was given snark. I don't want to be doing this either, believe me. Holding back a groan, I moved from my place, pacing and dragging a pen down my list of questions. "Let's start from the beginning; why are you here? Or, what do you feel is the reason of your stay here, hm?"

My voice was calm, straining to be comforting nonetheless, and my stance mimicked this.
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:37 pm

And here we went. Again.

"I feel the reason I'm here is a big fucking mistake, not gonna lie," I answered, voice almost flat. "Yeah I beat up a guy but he deserved it. And I kinda... I don't know, blocked it out of my memory, but that's not cause for me to be in a mental institution." Blocked it from my memory certainly sounded better than the fact that I couldn't remember shit about the incident but it didn't change the fact that I had just kicked someone's ass for being an asshole to me. It was a fair trade.

I didn't really have anything else to add so I just shrugged, taking my pillow and pulling it onto my lap.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 pm

I offered a nod and no change in expression as my pen toyed at the papers clipped to my board. "So you blacked out during this attack?" I was inquirious, naturally and by trade, and allowed a pensive expression to crawl over my countenance and into my words, "Could you talk for a bit about this experience?"

He didn't have to, of course, but hell, it'd make my job a lot easier. "Have you ever blacked out like that prior? After?"
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:54 pm

I paused, mouth still open mid-word as the doctor spoke. I wasn't allowed to fly off the handle right now. I needed to calm down.

"I haven't had any since then if that's what you wanna know," I replied, narrowing my eyes. I hadn't really been provoked enough to actually get to that point. In fact, most of my stay had been pretty calm as of late, though I didn't really want to get into that whole different set of emotions. "And I can't describe it because I don't remember." That's... kind of what blacking out was all about, not knowing what was going on. "Before, I mean... Yeah I guess. But I don't remember."

The whole 'I don't remember' thing made me sound like a broken record but I didn't really care. It was the truth.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Quite exciting, indeed.

Could I go out for a smoke yet? I nodded, listening; my outer shell showed a professionally lingering frame as it paced, scribbling every now and again. "I see..." My voice hissed off. Sticking the end of the pen in the corner of my lips, "Well, you can fill out all this other shit. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be right back.."

I approached the bed, tossing the board onto the mattress. "All it is, well, is medical history, family history, that kind of stuff. Have fun, Jiho."

Waving a hand, I moved for the door and the hallway with anticipated return.
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 pm

I narrowed my eyes at the man in front of me when he tossed the papers nearby, picking up the clipboard while never really looking away from him. It was such standard issue bullshit that I mostly scribbled through it anyway, considering more often than not I was answering questions with "no". It made the process a lot easier, though there were certain questions I skipped in favor of making a joke, mainly because I didn't want to answer them. Not today.

When I was finished I tossed the board onto the table nearby, making sure that it made a loud thud when it hit so the man would know when I was done. I leaned back against the wall, still sitting comfortably on the bed and not really moving unless I had to.

I didn't like paperwork too much, clearly.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:58 pm

I slid back inside, smelling a bit more of smoke than I had before. I did, indeed, hear the sound of the board hitting the table, but didn't so much as quicken my pace back to the room and, in moving through the door, I appeared unenthused.

"See? That wasn't so bad," I projected in a lazy tone, "It could've been so much worse, ah?"

I grabbed up the board, glancing over it, "Wow, I bet you got great grades on your SATs." Huffing, I glanced back up, "Was there anything else you need? Maybe another pillow, an extra jell-o, or something?" I raised a brow, giving a half of a smirk, "Anything you want to talk about?"
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:21 am

I smirked.

"What, do you want me to talk about my feelings?" I asked, chuckling. That wasn't a thing I was all about, and as of late I'd been even less eager than normal. Especially if it was talking to the doctors here. I'd rather not.

As far as things I needed, though, there was a lot.

"Liquor, cigarettes," I started, laughing. "A steak." I looked at him, raising a brow. "I don't know. I don't really care. I don't need anything."

That wasn't exactly true, but whatever.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:41 pm

I exhaled, shrugging and pocketing my free hand as I trailed near the radio, "Yeah, and it's my goddamn job to listen, unfortunately.."

Fishing around my pockets, I removed a sealed box and I tossed it towards the man. Smokes.

"You need a light?" I murmured, tossing a disposable lighter after his inquiry, "I really don't care if you tell me anything or not, to be honest..I'm just paid barely to stand and murr around until you tell me something I can work with."

Last edited by JordanFriend on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Woah. Woah, was he really just giving me cigarettes? What was it with the doctors here? Did they really not give a shit? Regardless, I took the pack and opened it, lips pursed to hide the smirk.

"Hm? Yeah, that'd be nice," I said, pulling one of the sticks out and quirking a brow. Thank the lord for little pleasures.

As far as stuff he could work with, I didn't know where to start. I tapped my leg absently, looking the other man up and down. I lit the cigarette as well, taking a long drag and smiling. Yes, thank god for this guy.

"How bout, anything you wanna know? Or need to know?" I asked. I didn't really know what to talk about, I wasn't used to this kind of thing.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanFriend Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm

As expected, a siren went off and I gave a quiet exhale, keeping my hands in my pockets as I approached the door to deal with the staff. Tossing my brown hues back at my patient, I raised a finger to my lips to signal silence. Sticking my head out of the door, I mumbled to the staff that had come over to the noise. Naturally I bullshitted drones at them about a faulty alarm and then ducked back in for a moment, mouthing the words 'put it out' to the male on the bed.

I let a few moments before letting some staff in to inspect. "See? Nothing. Faulty and cheap shit, man. I'm pretty sure that'll give someone a heart attack before an actual fire kills someone here."

Even thinking about, why have something so startling around panicked patients? I mean, yeah, fire, but come on. I murred. Hopefully the male had put away the products, even merely moving it behind him or under his leg, to keep out of the sight of the others. I kept my hands pocketed, standing tall and professional as my body led itself around the room.
JordanFriend
JordanFriend

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

The second the alarm went off I flinched, staring at the device and almost willing it to shut off with my eyes. Of course I knew plenty of reasons why that wasn't possible, but it wasn't until the doctor mouthed words at me that I nodded, tossing the carton under my pillow and snuffing the cigarette out in one quick but fluid motion.

Damn he was saving my ass. For one brief moment I'd thought he was setting me up for failure here, but there he was, pretty much on my side. Good.

I nodded at the staff that came in, agreeing in silence with the doctor in front of me and mustering a smile as they looked at everything. Faulty wiring, hm? I could live with faulty wiring, I think.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down