Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoke Break [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Smoke Break [Closed] Empty Smoke Break [Closed]

Post by Haru Mori Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Ah the outside. It was lovely when there weren't a bunch of patients running about. Of course, most of them had somewhat free reign, so he couldn't control much of it. Oh well.

Digging about in his pockets, Mori pulled out his box of cigarettes with one hand and shielding himself from the blinding white sun with the other. He squinted as he made his way towards his usual tree. He tried to stay away from the buildings cameras and people, what with the whole idea of smoking and all. Shame, shame. He didn't give a shit. It was this or something more hindering.

Posting up against the trunk of that tree, he flipped out a cancer stick and lit it up, returning the pack to his pocket. He replaced his empty palms with a small pen and his sacred book instead, using a knot in the bark to prop it up while he wrote. Mainly his thoughts and ideas on certain patients and how to fix them. His hair fell into his eyes as he wrote and that cigarette dangled from his lips loosely.

Last edited by Haru Mori on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Smoke Break [Closed] Empty Re: Smoke Break [Closed]

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 am

This place could really start getting to someone if they didn't know how to keep themselves occupied.

I'd taken to people watching when I didn't have anything else to do, and now was one of those times. I was sitting on that same little bench in the corner, eyes following nurses, doctors, patients... Whoever strolled into my line of sight was fair game, and I propped my head on my hand as I sighed.

"Crazy. Cute nurse. Crazy nurse... Legit doctor," I mumbled to myself, watching as one of the nurses was practically bowled over by a patient who ran by in a sprint, cursing loudly. She looked panicked. Oh well, she should have been paying more attention.

I let my eyes wander once again until I stopped on who I assumed was a doctor, though I hadn't ever seen him before. I did see the cigarette he had, though, and I cocked my head as I stared at it. I hadn't been able to find any nurse who would help me feed the habit, but this was a fucking doctor, smoking right there in the damn courtyard.

"... The fuck..." I mumbled, narrowing my eyes at him. "That's not even fucking fair..."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:07 am

Rather enjoying his cigarette-induced euphoria, Mori sighed out his drag and paused in his writing to pocket his pen and book once again. Not much to note today. He was rather protective of that book of his. The funny thing was, no one would likely make any sense of it, even if they robbed him of it. Turning away from the trunk of the tree to face the world, Haru was met with a far glance of a patient across the yard.

He stared back for a moment, though he couldn't hear what he had to say. His expression was bland and rather uninterested. Most patients didn't even know what year it was, let alone what he was doing with a white stick in his mouth. He took another drag, not breaking eye contact with that male.

A small part of him wanted to give patients cigarettes. And sometimes he did, to be honest. But it was very rare indeed. After a bit longer, he finally broke his gaze and took another breath of smoke into his lungs, before glancing up towards the sky. It was too bad that he couldn't photosynthesize his energy. He did really enjoy being outside. His lithe form pressed against the bark of the tree, folding his arms before him, over his coat.

He didn't dare drop his guard, but he did allow himself the leisure of relaxing for a moment.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:31 am

I couldn't help it.

I stood while this so-called doctor was looking up, hands in my pockets as I walked over, brows knit together in a bit of irritation as I moved. Why was this guy allowed to smoke, right in front of us, but we weren't? This wasn't exactly a fair system. Sure, some patients or whatever, the really unstable ones, probably shouldn't smoke. I, however, would do anything for a fucking cigarette right now.

"Hey," I said, pretty unceremoniously actually. "Aren't you not allowed to fucking smoke here?" I asked, brow quirked and lips pursed together.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Of course he couldn't be one of the incoherent, zombie-like patients. This one had fine motor skills, and look at that- a functioning voice.

As his voice fell from his lips, Mori sighed, tipping his head forward to meet him eye to eye. "Good afternoon." He stared back at the male and reached up to pull the remaining cigarette out of his mouth to let it dangle in his hand. "As a matter of fact, that's why I put myself this far out into the courtyard." It was far enough that the guards didn't care, and most others knew better. It was always the patients that gave him a hard time. Unfortunately, if they complained, he couldn't continue to smoke on grounds. And he really hated travelling to do so.

He eyed the male and his devil-may-care attitude, before practically giving in. "I'll strike you a deal." He peered at him. Closing in the space between them rather awkwardly, he almost stood eye to eye with the other, but fell a bit short. Glancing around his taller form, the elder saw a few more patients and caretakers lingering around nearby. "If you keep your mouth closed and mind your business, I'll let you have a smoke with me." He glared at the male. "Supervised."

He took a step back, breaking the awkward closeness that he had created, and exhaling the smoke rather obnoxiously into the other male's face. "After all, that's what you want, isn't it?"
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:13 pm

I took an awkward half step back when the doctor stepped forward, looking down at him a bit and quirking a brow. Well wasn't he forward. And a rule breaker, the second one he'd encountered since he got here. First the nurse, now this guy. The proximity was a bit close, a bit too close, and I let out a sharp breath, maybe a bit shakily.

That all changed when smoke was blown into my face and I relaxed, licking my lips and closing my eyes with a deep breath in. Man, I hadn't had a smoke in long enough, and that response had been downright sexual but I didn't care. I liked my cigarettes... And there really weren't many people around...

"... Fine," I agreed, eyes flicking open to look at the other man. "I'll shut my mouth if you give me a cigarette."
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:25 pm

A grin rose to Haru's lips as the other agreed. "Fantastic." Strange though, his voice didn't sound as thrilled as his face looked. "Come." He wasn't about to go breaking more rules where more eyes could see. Instead, he walked them several dozen feet away towards neatly trimmed hedges and a bench where he promptly took a seat. Patting the space next to him, his words came out somewhat flatly. "Sit with me." He really didn't like company that much, so this was something of a hassle for him, but who knew. Maybe this guy was the bee's knees.

Once he did so, Haru pulled out a cigarette and handed it to the other male, soon joining it with a flick of his lighter and a palm to shield the wind from it. His own cancer stick had returned to his lips for the last few drags, but it was running on filter now. Once he was finished lighting his bribe cigarette, he snuffed out his own and placed it in his pocket. Another met his own lips this time, aiming to time this just right.

"Enjoy it." He exhaled a plume of smoke. Mori didn't look at the other; instead he looked straight forward. "Not all doctors are as misbehaved as I am." At least he knew. And it was something he was proud of, to be honest.

He was damn brilliant.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:41 pm

I followed him despite a very particularly acute bit of distrust, sitting down when I was prompted and taking the cigarette. Sweet mother of god I don't think I could be happier in this moment. Living here without smoking wasn't exactly a fucking picnic, and though I swiped it rather angrily from the doctor's hand, I was a bit thankful. I hadn't met another doctor that would do this so finally finding one was a blessing. I'd have to tell Kyo about this, or just nab a cigarette and a lighter. That would work.

"Trust me, I will," I mumbled, taking a drag and all but groaning when I let out the smoke. Thank god, this was a perfect moment. And it was relaxing as well. As long as this guy wasn't crazy I was home free. I didn't even want to mention my name, so I would steer clear of that topic as well. Still...

"Thanks," I said, nodding in a very slight gesture of gratitude. I took another long inhalation, savoring it for a moment before letting out the smoke as slowly as I could.
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Yes, please tell everyone you knew that Mori the doctor everyone already hated, was giving out cigarettes like they were candy on Halloween. Better yet, try and take one from him. That would be a much better plan.

Haru smoked onward, not speaking, but rather trying to enjoy the sunlight. You know, like he had planned on doing. It wasn't like the other male had conned this out of him. Haru could have easily shut him down. He could have even gone as far as to had him pulled back inside by the caretakers for harassing a doctor; but he didn't. Maybe he really was merciful.

When he thanked him, Mori's eyes cracked open, giving the other a sidelong glance. "I don't know what your talking about." He exhaled. "But sure." He didn't give him a cigarette. If anything leaked out, this boy stole it from him. And that wouldn't be good. "Don't get used to it." This was a one time thing.

He didn't want to talk, but he knew how awkward he was. Mori looked back at the male to the side of him and finally spoke up. "How long have you been here? I haven't seen you before." Look at that. So civil.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Well that was what I got for trying to be polite. Strike one. Wouldn't be doing that again.

Instead I just enjoyed the cigarette in silence, paying more attention to the ground around me than anything else. I really didn't like this guy - he didn't sit well with me, and so help me god if he tried to fuck with me I would be out of here in an instant. I was trying to take as long as I could with this cigarette but they never lasted long enough. So I just took another drag, looking at the man when he spoke again.

Oh wow, a conversation. Imagine that.

"Just over a week or so..." I mumbled, trying to count the days in my head. I was never good at keeping that number in line and eventually I just shrugged, looking forward. It was probably more, to be honest. I didn't really know how to continue the conversation, though. It wasn't like I could ask him how long he'd been here - he was a doctor.

Man, I was so good at being social sometimes...
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Mori would have been proud to know that he put off such a bad vibe. He nodded for a moment and thought to himself. Didn't Dai come in about a week ago too? Interesting. He looked at the male next to him and really tried to read him for a moment. He didn't seem mentally ill, but much like patients in the past, some weren't.

He didn't really need to talk to him, he could read all of this in his paperwork if he wanted to. "You seem stable enough. Maybe if you play your cards right, a doctor will sign off on your release." He shrugged and took another long drag of his cigarette. Maybe that woman would. If she ever had the inkling that there were people in here that didn't deserve to be, she would fight to release them all. At least that was the impression he got from her.

How dull. Why not use them for testing? Here they all were, minds ready for harvesting results and data. Maybe he was the only one that wanted to further his own research? His mind flew with ideas as his hands went into his hair, cigarette resting in his lips once more.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh well... That was certainly a good thought. A doctor here thought I was fine and even mentioned I could get signed off for release? What a god damn relief. All I needed was to keep myself in check, not have any more weird episodes, and not freak out on anyone. That would be... Probably easier said than done, but I'd deal with it.

"Mm." That was all I said. I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything more, and I watched everything the other man did out of the corner of my eye. Something... just didn't seem right, and I fidgeted a bit in my spot, finishing the cigarette and sighing as I looked at it with a bit of sadness.

If only this was actually allowed here...
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:56 pm

And once again, Haru had managed to kill another conversation. He was always doing that. You would think that he would learn to change it up, but wait; he still didn't care.

When the other male finished that cigarette off, Haru reached out and took the filter from his fingers, stuffing it into his own pocket. He wasn't about to get in trouble for this. Rising up to a stand, he began to walk away towards a different direction. That had been enough human contact for the time being. "Good luck."

No, he didn't hope he saw him again, he didn't wish him a good night, but luck was something you needed here. He only had a bit left to his cigarette, but he wanted to finish it off in peace. Hands moved into his pockets as he strolled away, moving away from the building for a moment, as well as anyone he could find. To another part of the courtyard perhaps. He was unsure.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 pm

What a fucking weird dude.

The luck was noted, however, and I watched him walk away, standing a moment later and just... staring. With a confused look on my face. I'm sure I looked like an idiot but I didn't care. That had been a weird interaction, and I honestly wasn't sure what to make of it. Still, he'd given me a cigarette so there was that, and for that I silently thanked him, turning in the opposite direction and walking off.

"Fucking... weird," I mumbled, shaking my head as I walked off. I almost hoped that I'd caught him on an off day or something. Not all the doctors here could be like that... could they?
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down