Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Change of Scenery [Open]

4 posters

Go down

A Change of Scenery [Open] Empty A Change of Scenery [Open]

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:44 pm

As of late, Cadeyrn's office had begun to feel stifling. There were stacks of new studies to go through, new documentation on experimental treatments to review, and an annoying amount of paperwork to be done on the various new patients the hospital had acquired. After a few days of a steady stream of incoming work, Cadeyrn's desk had begun to look far too cluttered for him to be able to properly focus. A lack of focus meant that his productivity declined sharply, thus he had opted to find a new location to do work for the day.

He had shed his jacket and rolled the sleeves of his button-up shirt to his elbows, loosening his tie as he went to file what little he had accomplished in the past few days. It was as he was striding down the hall that a breeze from an open window had ghosted across the back of his neck, causing him to pause and tilt his head in contemplation. Cadeyrn supposed that some time outdoors would certainly do him some good, possibly even make it easier for him to concentrate the rest of the day.

Normally he would prefer the silence of his office to the noise of the courtyard and the possibility of being interrupted, but the fresh air was doing some good to help him focus. Cadeyrn had opted to bring non-confidential documentation that he had to review due to the nature of his location, neatly underlining information he found intriguing as he went. None of the massive backlog of patient paperwork was getting done while he lingered outside, but he doubted that it would be completed fully inside either. It was very unusual for his mind to be so agitated and it was incredibly frustrating.

"It is rather nice out, though." he mused to himself, absently tapping his pen against his bottom lip as his eyes roamed over the words.
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

A Change of Scenery [Open] Empty Re: A Change of Scenery [Open]

Post by Lee Hongbin Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Despite an outburst or two from me, the nurses seemed to be alright with letting me roam the courtyard by myself. They kept saying it was nice out, to get some air, though I personally would have been fine just relaxing in my room. The more time I got out in the open, the less of myself I would be.

And that in itself was a scary thought.

I glanced around, looking quite out of place as I tried to take everything in. There were a few people around but no one that really caught my interest so I was almost hiding near the tree, trying to relax.

A doctor I didn't recognize strolled in about then and I had to keep Sookyoung out of my head as I quietly looked him over, nibbling my lip and even managing a soft smile and a nod of greeting if he happened to look over.

I might as well make nice with the doctors considering they were there to help after all. I just wanted to try to be myself this time.

It looked like he had a stack of papers anyway, so I didn't really want to bother him.
Lee Hongbin
Lee Hongbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:21 am

Cadeyrn hadn't really been paying attention to those in the courtyard. It wasn't his turn to watch the patients, after all, he was simply there for fresh air and a change of scenery, so he didn't really notice anyone who was outside of a certain proximity. However he felt an odd itching at the back of his neck, causing his brows to furrow before he lifted his head and glanced around. It was then that he noticed a patient he hadn't seen before looking at him offering him a smile and a small nod. His brows lifted in silent inquiry, a natural reaction when silently communicating with another person, but he didn't know what the patient's condition was, so he acknowledged him verbally as well.

"Can I be of assistance?" he called softly, turning a little on the bench to face the young man fully.

He carefully set his pen down on the papers he was reviewing, ensuring that if a light breeze kicked up they wouldn't blow away. Cadeyrn was anticipating that the patient would want to speak with him and, since it was technically his job to listen to the troubles of patients, he wanted to appear as welcoming as possible. He'd anticipated the possibility of not being able to accomplish a great deal of work in the courtyard, but he hadn't expected to draw the attention of a patient so soon.

Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Hongbin Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:35 am

Could he be of assistance?

Well, I guess that just depended on who he asked. But for me myself, he was a person existing that didn't seem like a bad guy, so why not actually talk to someone? I tried my best to ignore the witty, albeit sexual, response that echoed in my head from Sookyoung, but a twitch still showed in my features as it happened.

That was something I hated. Those little twitches always got to me.

Hesitantly I took a step or two forward, glancing down at the stack of papers he seemed to be working on and stopping for a moment.

"Oh, if you're busy..." I mumbled softly, brows furrowed. I could always just slip away, it was no big deal in the long run. But curiosity got the better of me and I blinked, hands toying with my shirt idly.

"Am I in there?" I asked, voice almost cracking. "Lee Hongbin. Is my name," I mumbled, knowing very well he'd have no idea who I was otherwise, considering I'd never met the guy.
Lee Hongbin
Lee Hongbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 am

I, unlike the others who seemed so starved for company or interaction around here, had been pressed to the chain link fence on the far side of the courtyard, minding my own business in solitude. Far enough from the open door leading back inside that I didn’t feel scrutinized by the nurses keeping watch constantly, and far enough away from any other human being outside to not invoke conversation or even simple eye contact.

The fact that I was puffing away on my electronic cigarette probably helped my less-than-friendly demeanor. My entire form basically told the world to fuck off and not bother me. I’m here for a little vitamin C, fresh air, and my addictive tobacco break, not to shoot the shit with you.

I was however at least close enough to be practically spying on my therapist though, dark lidded eyes staring out from underneath the slight shade from tree branches above cast over me. Why wasn’t he working in his office? Why on Earth would he want to be outside willingly, in such close proximity with the psycho’s? I’m sure he could go sit around in the front of the building without any patients even near him.
Maybe he was people watching, taking notes. I didn’t know what his job entirely consisted of after all.

Chocolate orbs shifted though as another Asian timidly stepped up to Caderyn. Wow, there really were a lot of us around here. Heh. Must be some sort of a gene defect. Poor souls.
I couldn’t quite hear what they were saying, hushed words way too far out of earshot but simply watching the way he squirmed and twisted his own shirt I had to roll sharp eyes.

God, I’m so mean. This poor kid is probably really fucked in the head. I caught my attitude quickly and returned to taking a long pull of my smoke instead, letting the cloud of gray filter slowly past my nostrils as I continued to stare.

I can tell I’m so over being cooped up in this fucking building.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Cadeyrn watched the patient approach, noting how timid and skittish he seemed just from the few moments he'd had to observe him.  Thus he relaxed a little, his smile warming a little further, slipping with practiced ease into a more relaxed and welcoming position.  Yes, he needed to get work done at some point, but his main purpose was to aid patients when they needed it, even when he wasn't scheduled to see them.

"Nonsense." he responded, lifting a hand and gesturing for the patient to come closer.  "I always have time for a patient in need."

At the patient's question Cadeyrn's brows lifted and he glanced down at the stack of papers currently on the table.  He was glad, now, that he hadn't brought anything confidential, though also mildly put out that he didn't have information on this Lee Hongbin.  It would have been nice to see what exactly was ailing him so that he could provide better psychological aid.

"Ah, no, unfortunately." Cadeyrn answered, glancing back at his papers.  "These are far less interesting than anything like that."

While he was glancing at his paperwork he caught sight of someone else lingering in the courtyard.  He lifted his eyes, catching sight of Kyo and his eyes went heavy lidded, lips quirking in a quick, friendly grin.  Cadeyrn lifted his hand in a small wave which then turned into a quick 'come hither' motion, silently inviting the man to join them.  He then turned his attention back to Hongbin, still smiling still trying to seem welcoming despite his divided attention.

"Is there something you wanted to ask me?  Something about your mental state?"
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Hongbin Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 pm

When the doctor beckoned me closer I nodded, stopping directly in front of him before realizing that might be awkward and sitting down next to him instead. I was usually an awkward mess, but just the air of this place made me feel even more ill at ease and I actually looked pretty tense. It didn't help that I hadn't been sleeping at all since I got here. I'd barely gotten a couple of hours total, it was slowly getting to me.

I nodded again when he mentioned the papers, brows a bit furrowed. Ah, I was going to ask him something under the assumption he'd had papers so I didn't have to explain, but now I actually had to open my mouth and the corners of my lip twitched downward in a slight frown as I sighed.

"I can't sleep here," I said softly, casting a glance at the man that the doctor had beckoned to. Almost immediately, though, my attention turned back to the man next to me and I pursed my lips. "How do I get them to be quiet?" I asked, not sure if I meant the people in the rooms near me or the people even closer to home that constantly plagued me. Either way, I looked down, fingers still toying with the fabric of the shirt I was in. Eventually I settled on what I meant, finger tapping my temple as I pointed to my head.

"Them, I mean..." I was hoping he'd get what I meant. If anything, maybe he could just give me some sleeping pills or something. Even that would help. Maybe it would knock me out for a day or two. I just needed some rest.
Lee Hongbin
Lee Hongbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm

It was near impossible for me to miss that gaze, grin, and even a gesture, when the therapist’s eyes locked with my own intruding hues. He wanted me to go over there? Hngh. Die he need to speak with me over something? I exhaled a drawn out sigh in contemplative thought, the plume of vapor mist trickling from the open gap between my lips. Bleh. Fine.

Pulling the cylinder from my lips I turned the thing off and tucked it behind an ear for now, mainly due to the lack of proper pockets on these stupid uniforms. Uttering a lazy groan I pushed up off of the wall where I was perched too, allowing short legs to close the distance as I crossed the yard in a leisurely stroll.

I didn’t intrude on their conversation though, keeping several steps between us at least as I neared. Wasn’t any of my business.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:50 am

Cadeyrn watched the patient settle next to him, eyes flicking up to look at Kyo who seemed to be reluctant to approach.  It was far too tempting to try and trap his patient into a conversation, but he supposed that that would be counter productive to what he was attempting to achieve.  He returned his gaze to Hongbin, noting that he appeared a little tense or, possibly even uncomfortable.  His eyebrows lifted at the young man's words before he forced his expression to soften a little.

"I see.  You're... being kept awake." he murmured softly, glancing up at Kyo and giving him an apologetic look; he was, in a way, giving him an opportunity to walk away, especially since it seemed that this patient might require his full attention.

Without the necessary paperwork, he couldn't check the patient's symptoms, couldn't tell if he had bouts of mania that he might accidentally trigger.  He had to tread carefully with patients that had problems like the one Hongbin was describing; it was a good thing that he had the advantage in size and muscle, in case he had to restrain the young man.  Usually it was rather dangerous to be alone with a patient that could be considered unstable, but, for now, Hongbin seemed to be calm and composed.

"I'm sure I can find something that will help you sleep." he murmured softly, shooting a quick look up at Kyo if he was still there; it was a silent warning in case things didn't go well. "Has a doctor visited with you yet?"
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Hongbin Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:25 pm

I nodded, following the doctor's gaze to the other man nearby. I hadn't met him yet, hadn't really met anyone yet, and meeting two people at the same time was a bit of a shock to my senses. At least this was a calm conversation - from how the other man looked he would bring something different. Not to judge a book by their cover or anything, but generally people that carried themselves like the other man seemed to made me feel uncomfortable.

Then again, most people made me feel uncomfortable, so there was that.

At the doctor's question I nodded in silence, looking down and nibbling a bit on my lip. Something that would help me sleep was the first thing I needed, if the dark circles under my eyes had anything to say. But had a doctor visited me?

"Yes," I replied, still nodding. "One did. Uhm... Kirito, I think?" I was notoriously bad with names - it came with the headaches and black spots in my memory, I guess. "We had a preliminary... talk... thing," I mumbled, not quite sure how to describe it and unable to even remember parts of it. I curled into myself a little bit, licking my lips softly before reaching up to rub my temples slightly.

"I'm just... I'm really tired," I mumbled, leaning forward almost awkwardly and letting my forehead rest on the other man's shoulder. I didn't like not sleeping - it completely drained me. And my head was starting to hurt.
Lee Hongbin
Lee Hongbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:45 am

I caught that look, firstly rather apologetic for having called me over when he realized that this kid was so… ehh. Needy. It then shifted to something else, something… almost like a silent warning for me to be on my toes around this one. Ears strained then to sort of pick up on just what the two were talking about, even if in all honesty I didn’t give two shits.
I just had nothing better to do.

While the two spoke I simply, awkwardly stood there, and eventually moved enough to cross arms over my chest. I had no idea if Cadeyrn actually needed to speak with me or if he was silently assessing that I needed more social contact in my prolonged stay here. Or maybe he was just trying to be friendly, since I’d been standing. Alone. Just the way I like it.

When this kid move forward to actually lean his head against the therapist’s shoulder like that though, so… pathetic and needy I couldn’t prevent the out loud scoff I suddenly managed, shaking my head. I can’t with these mentally unstable people. They should have just fucking thrown me in jail. This was… sad. So utterly sad, and clearly with my I-only-care-about-myself-and-hardly-even-that attitude, I wasn’t cut out for compassion.

I didn’t let anybody feel sorry for me ever, why should I return it to anyone else? Tch.

I took the unspoken gestures as a sign and giving the doctor a falsely amused smirk and a rise of my brows as if I was silently apologizing for having to cut our little interaction short I salute the other with two fingers tapping against my temple, and turning on a heel, I headed back inside.

I’d really only been out here for a smoke break anyway.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haru Mori Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:08 am

Absentminded. That could easily describe the crazy, brilliant doctor at the moment. He needed to smoke, and maybe he had a little earlier as well. It was rather awkward really, how sinister the smirk gracing his face was.

Was it supposed to be a smile?

His teeth barely showed, and he wore it well. Like a villain, truly.

At the moment, he was looking down into his box of cigarettes, disregarding the world around him as he chose just the right one. He barely managed to slide it halfway out, before he felt his shoulder connect with someone, or something slightly warm.

Slowly, his head lifted up and he reached out to gain his balance and surroundings. He managed a small chuckle, before realizing just who he ran into. His own patient, what a surprise! He placed his long fingers over the male's back and his smirk widened. "My apologies. I wasn't paying any attention." He gave the male another quick pat, reassuring his presence, before glancing around at the table's members.

Should he stay?

His eyes fell down to the cigarette in his hands before shaking his head, answering his own question to himself. And with that he placed that cancer stick between his lips and dug around in his pocket to find his lighter; moving away from their little meeting to inhale that sweet smoke.
Haru Mori
Haru Mori

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:59 pm

When the patient spoke again, Cadeyrn turned his head giving him his full attention. Normally he wouldn't actually warn away another patient of his, but Kyo seemed to be fairly stable and this one... When Hongbin mentioned the name of his doctor Cadeyrn made a mental note to consult with him about the state of his patient. They were all being run a little ragged with how few of them there were, so it was only naturally that they'd only managed a few initial visits with many of the patients.

"I'll speak with him for you." Cadeyrn murmured, attempting to keep his voice low and soothing, noting that Kyo had decided to slip away; that was disappointing but it couldn't really be avoided, sadly. He'd have to wait until their next session, then.

Cadeyrn blinked when Hongbin leaned forward, his head resting on his shoulder, and it made his lips twitch a little as he suppressed a smirk. So trusting, so vulnerable, and obviously far too weary to think twice about his actions, Hongbin had left himself completely open. It was a rare opportunity, one he took advantage of by lifting a hand to gently stroke Hongbin's hair. However his gaze was drawn when he noticed a familiar face entering the area, lips curving in a smile almost immediately.

"Well, let's see what we can do about getting you some sleep, shall we?" he mused before raising his voice a little to call out to the doctor who had just arrived. "Ah, Doctor Mori. You have wonderful timing."

Cadeyrn made sure to keep his smile dazzling, apparently unfazed by their previous interactions. That time he hadn't really had a true reason to keep the doctor's attention but, this time he had an actual excuse to converse with him. He lifted his free hand, gesturing to the young man leaning against him.

"It seems that Hongbin is having some difficulty sleeping and is quite exhausted. I don't suppose you could offer any assistance?" Cadeyrn questioned, smile still present.
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Hongbin Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm

To be completely honest, if someone touched me there was a ninety percent chance I would immediately shy away and try to leave. I didn't much appreciate contact, nor did I actively search it out. But this man was a doctor, so I was supposed to trust him, right? Open up, spill my guts, try to get help?

Besides, I was really far too tired to try to get away at this point, so I just closed my eyes and let him play with my hair.

It was only when I heard him greet someone else that I looked up, immediately freezing in my spot and not sure how to go about this. Not more people... I didn't want more people. Too many people at one time made me confused, and stressed.

That being said, I barely lifted my head from the other man's shoulder, just looking at the new doctor - Mori, I guess - as he came up.

I wasn't about to disagree with him. I was having trouble sleeping. But the fact that I shied away a bit from the newcomer showed how uncomfortable I was with the situation.
Lee Hongbin
Lee Hongbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down