Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy from Koby!

+3
Caroline Livingston
Woo Jiho
Gives Light Raphael
7 posters

Go down

Howdy from Koby! Empty Howdy from Koby!

Post by Gives Light Raphael Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 am

Um, well I guess I never have introduced myself, so here goes! ^___^

My name is Amber but I go by Koby. Koby is short for my pen name which is Kobayashi. No, I did not get Kobayashi from the Kobayashi Maru on Star Trek nor from Kobayashi Takeru, the hot dog eating bean pole. It just so happens that I picked the name at random some 14 years ago. Kobayashi is a name that's about as common in Japan as Smith is in America. I am generic in that sense. ;P

(You'll quickly find that I abuse smilies and I fight very strongly with myself to keep them out of my RP... hahahahaha... heh... -.-; )

So by my name, you should have deduced that I am a girl. ^_^ To be more specific, I am a white girl with a Japanese pen name playing a Native American man. It feels as weird as it sounds.

As an artist (maybe I should use the term doodler as it's very rare for me to finish anything anymore. Gonk!), I have created hundreds of characters in my lifetime, though I'll say that I've become very, very attached to Raphael in a very short amount of time. Partially because the amount of research I've poured into him! O_O I've read books (fiction and non fiction), watched movies (both accurate and non), and spent hours almost every night on the internets researching the Shoshone, their myths, rituals, life on reservations, etc. I guess I feel that Raphael is about as realistic and true to ancestry as a white girl can make him.

** The model I use for his character image is Jay Tavare if anyone is interested. His website is here! He's played in a few movies such as The Missing, Cold Mountain and... get this.. he played Vega in the live action Street Fighter movie. Oh, Jay... how could you??
Jay is actually Navajo. (Which I know would have been more convincing for Raphael to be as well considering the Navajo are indigenous to modern day Arizona but the Plains People rites are just a bit more interesting to me. The Shoshone don't have any reservations in Arizona but they do in Utah so we're playing pretend with that aspect... >.> Shhhh)

So, what else is there about me? I live in Colorado. I'm 32 going on 22 (but I still get carded for R rated movies!! TOT!!) and my favorite color is yellow. =D I have pet rats. Yes rats!! They're adorable and my babies! <3 I also like to collect Asian ball jointed dolls and ugly stuffed animals. =3

As I mentioned before, I doodle a lot. Mostly anime characters but I also really enjoy drawing animals and portraits.

Err, I suppose that's it. Kinda long winded... sorry.
Aaand I shall leave you with a link to my deviantart in case you're interested or bored out of your mind.Here.

^_______^ <3

Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Koby! Empty Re: Howdy from Koby!

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 am

BJDS. YES. (I only have two, you should post pictures ;; )

Yes, another smiley abuser. I do the same thing. Huhuhu XP

BUT, it's nice to meet you Koby. OwO We should just make this an introduction thread. My name's Maddie. And I cosplay effeminate Asian men tbh. It's my hobby. HAHAHA I also doodle and such.

It's nice to meet you. <3
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:39 am

Fun fact: Koby and I first met in a teashop when I was picking up a cosplay. It was a place where I first tasted boba and almost felt her BJD's vagina, which until that day, I didn't know they had.

Yep.

My name is Eve, and I take lessons in ballroom dance, where we learn such classy dances like waltz, tango, foxtrot, peabody, swing, merengue, Gangnam Style, and Thriller.

I cosplay mostly Vocaloids right now, but am slowly moving to video game characters.

I'm in school to become a veterinary technician, which is kind of like a nurse to a doctor. It translates over to human medicine surprisingly well, though.

I have three dogs, one of which is truly mine whose name is Jane Doe and she has anxiety. She has just the cutest little puppy face ever.

Caroline's model is Cristin Miloti, who plays the mother on How I Met Your Mother, apparently.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:42 am

BOBA. And dance. Ahhh I dance, too. ;;

I have a kitty. ;w; Who I love.

My only two BJDs are boys so... No vaginas on them. Though I bought them both second hand and one of them got sanded down. ^^;;

UGH Now I want boba aw man...
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 am

Pffff sorryyy! If it's any consolation, my first boba was not flavored so it just kind of tasted like tadpoles. xP~

What kind of dance do you know? o-o

I live with my grandparents in the mountains, who believe that cats are born from Satan. I heard we had a mouser cat for the barn, once, but it got away two years ago and we still aren't entirely sure what happened to it.

I'd love to have one. A tuxedo, with a mustache, named Pierre, so I can do nothing but speak French at it. This idea I vicariously live through via Caroline.

Also, sanded down boy parts? Sounds like Human Centipede 2.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 am

Yeah, though he was a 500 dollar doll that she sold to me for 220 so... I can't complain. He's gorgeous. ;;

Ahhh yeah my cat's a white one with orange tabby splotches, she's a cutie. I got her when my first cat passed away. Though she's more attached to my parents haha.

(I always get green tea/taro smoothies with boba. yesplease)

And I took ballet, jazz, and modern, though lately I mostly do swing and hip hop lol
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Matthew Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:39 am

Gonna take a moment to note that Koby also plays Matthew. ;-)

I can't dance you guys. I try but it's creepy. When I dance people think I need a cure. Hahahahahaha!! So I confine my dancing to private spaces and the car. Occasionally at work when I want people to leave me alone for a while. ;-P

So I'm kinda the opposite of Eve. I work at a women's clinic which is a lot like working with animals!! Hahaha. I jest. Sort of. >.> on an unrelated note didn't I also ask Eve to share a hotel room during our first meeting?! Lololol that sure moved fast. ;-P

My ratties names are Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Dr Pepper. :-) thought you all should know that. U___U

Parker Matthew
Parker Matthew

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:06 pm

YOU SNEAK haha Wow, usually I'm able to guess if someone plays two characters, ah my skills have failed me. And Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Dr Pepper are like... the cutest names ever ;;
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:09 pm

INTRODUCTION THREAD

I'm the admin in case y'all couldn't figure that out so my introduction is half there. xD I'm Waru and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who knows who EVERYBODY is on this forum (since I recruited like mad). Except I don't know who the new guy is, Lukas. So... all of you already pretty much know about me.

I also cosplay obvs, also have BJD's but I'm terrible at doing anything with them lately, I kind of draw but not lately...

How I Met Your Caroline LOL. Perfect.
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Matthew Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Buahahaha! I'm gonna take that as a compliment Maddie! XD To me it's painfully obvious as I cannot change my writing style to save my life. I'm totally stuck with what I got.

And hi Waru~~~~ <3
I'm gonna come wipe Prophet completely so you'll be forced to fix him!! >D
Parker Matthew
Parker Matthew

Back to top Go down

Post by Woo Jiho Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm

DON'T WIPE PROPHET. NO. TT-TT
Woo Jiho
Woo Jiho

Back to top Go down

Post by Schmidt, Lukas Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello. I'm Truin. I'm not into cosplay and whatnot as many of you seem to be, and I'm also a male.

I read and write a lot, something I enjoy doing. I have all kinds of characters and settings and la dee da. In my spare time, I creep around and do creeper things.
Schmidt, Lukas
Schmidt, Lukas

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Matthew Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi Truin! ^__^ Your character already gives me the hibbie jibbies!! I can't wait to see what you do with him!
Parker Matthew
Parker Matthew

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:40 pm

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE
THAT WANTED TO MAKE A STAFF MEMBER
NOT TOTALLY INSANE.
alsoHowIMetYourCarolinelololol
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Schmidt, Lukas Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm

I actually have no idea what I'm going to do with Schmidt. I am pretty happy with his sample, though. I quite like it.
Schmidt, Lukas
Schmidt, Lukas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Raphael's not totally insane. u.u <3
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm

This is true. Let's be good people, togetheerrrrrr~!
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Niishimura Kyo Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:12 pm

lmfao Prophet would just sit wiped ayfkm

And yeee I'm not the only man on the forum! /fistbump

I fuckin' loved Schmidt's entrance I'm so excited for crazy you have no idea. xDD
Niishimura Kyo
Niishimura Kyo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 pm

And I thought Mori was bad, how am I supposed to react to Schmidt?

The heeblyjeeblies were everywhere and all the jimmies got rustled.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Koby! Heeeeeey! You know me. This is Vit/Amanda. We hang out at Boba sometimes. :p
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down