Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koby can't get over it... probably never will.

2 posters

Go down

Koby can't get over it... probably never will. Empty Koby can't get over it... probably never will.

Post by Gives Light Raphael Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

This could be borderline obsession.. I dunno but these clips are from a movie called Smoke Signals. You should definitely watch it because it's hilarious...
It's about two boys who grew up together, Victor and Thomas. Victor's father was abusive and eventually ran off to Arizona where he dies. Victor is recruited to go and gather up his father's belongings and Thomas comes along for the journey because without him Victor doesn't have the money to go.
(The tribe represented in this movie is the Coeur D'Alene tribe who were conquered by Canadians and thus have this hilarious Canadian-ish accent that makes me spew my Dr. Pepper. XD)

No, Raphael would never act like this but I can almost picture it... Especially the singing part.. XDXDXDXDXDXD

Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Koby can't get over it... probably never will. Empty Re: Koby can't get over it... probably never will.

Post by Caroline Livingston Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:35 pm

"Raphael would never act like this"

1. You have to be stoic... like you just came back from hunting a buffalo.
  2. You gotta know how to use your hair. An Indian man ain't nothing without his hair.

Yep.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Koby can't get over it... probably never will. Empty Re: Koby can't get over it... probably never will.

Post by Gives Light Raphael Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Merf. How the hell did I miss this reply? XDXD;;;
I guess you did get me there.. though I must say that Raphael was born stoic. XD;; Shoshone babies don't cry! ;D

On a sort of unrelated note, I totally found a theme song for Raph...

I got to see these guys in concert a couple weekends ago. I'm in love. The guy that's talking a bit at the beginning is Moses Brings Plenty. I was pretty excited to get to meet him too, as he's been in some movies and done some modeling.
He's also fluent in Lakota so that's pretty kick-ass. Gotta say that when I saw him his hair reached the back of his knees.. which is pretty damn impressive since he's 6 foot. =o!

Nicole, the flautist gets some of the most amazing sounds from that flute. She doesn't play the native wood flute because it was traditionally played by men. Paul (they keyboardist and her daddy) explained that nobody would care nowadays if she wanted to play it but she herself didn't want to break tradition. Pretty cool!

Yeah... sorry. I'm really obsessed with Native American culture right now. XD;;;
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Livingston Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:32 pm

That flute sounds like a freaking synthesizer.

She's super good at it!
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down