Hill of Acropolis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN]

4 posters

Go down

Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN] Empty Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN]

Post by Murata Kirito Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

It truly was time to take this wing of the hospital by the horns and force it into perfection, just as he’d done to so many of his own patients previously. Kirito didn’t understand what was taking so long but he wasn’t here to dilly-dally, so as soon as he’d finished speaking with his first new patient Kirito looked over his notes, made a quick assessment, and called down for members of the Medical Team to meet him in the offices.

It would be the first time they were meeting him, anyway. Word likely got around that Murata was one of the top surgeons in the Hospital and had a very strict work ethic about him. His team was efficient and quick, but due to a recent… accident the Doctor had to be moved from his own ward into the opposite one, in the hopes that it would give some space and a fresh start. Kirito of course insisted that it wasn’t traumatic and went right back to work as soon as he could.

Standing proper and at a mediocre height he was waiting, hard bound notebook in gloved hands. He was very rarely seen without the protective covering while in the hospital. Personal phobia perhaps. A pressed suit adored his frame, coupled with button down shirt, tie, and dress shoes. To show his rank of course. A name badge was clipped to the bottom lapel of his jacket. Hair was soft and taken care of, though strangely hung somewhat over his left eye.

If anyone stared for long enough they’d quickly realize that the doctor was blind in that eye, it’s iris a murky white color. Surely they’d all heard the truths and rumors about his incident and wouldn’t bother to ask about it. They all had a job to do, not show and tell.

Last edited by Murata Kirito on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Murata Kirito
Murata Kirito

Back to top Go down

Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN] Empty Re: Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN]

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Cadeyrn had been halfway through a rather impressive pile of paperwork when he'd received his summons, his brows lifting a little.  It wasn't really an incredible abnormality for doctors and psychiatrists to cooperate and interact with one another but it had been rather infrequent at Acropolis.  Most likely that was due to the fact that they seemed a little short staffed, leaving them all jumping from patient and haven't little time to socialize.  

He'd heard of this Kirito a few times, but mostly only in passing, so he knew little about him and what he was actually like.  Most of what he'd heard had been more oriented around his transfer than his skills and, really, talent was what Cadeyrn actually cared about.  In that department he'd heard multiple things, most of which were inappropriate and involved talented hands.  The latter made his lips quirk as he finished what he was doing and prepared to meet with the surgeon.

It was mostly his curiosity that drove him to leave his office in a punctual manner, clipboard in hand, suit jacket buttoned appropriately and his stride full of purpose.  If he was being honest he was vaguely excited by what could have possibly resulted in a surgeon needing his services.  After all, he was typically only called in for the truly intriguing cases and, well, he did enjoy a good challenge.  Perhaps it was a little cold to view a patient as such, but there had to be a degree of mental and emotional detachment in a field such as his.

As soon as Cadeyrn saw the surgeon he inclined his head in both greeting and respect, lips quirking as he came to a stop before the other man. "Doctor." he greeted with another incline of his head.
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN] Empty Re: Down to Business [Cadeyrn, Caroline, Raphael OPEN]

Post by Caroline Livingston Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Caroline was a fan of no-nonsense doctors, and they were her favorite to work with. No quips, no jokes, no offensive slurs tossed her way, just the doctor doing their job and the nurse doing theirs. The rumors that floated around Doctor Murata didn't particularly phase her; she'd learned a long time ago to make opinions of her own when it came to the stories the other nurses told. She only cared about the part where the doctor was good at his job and let nothing stop him.

When she'd been asked to meet with him, a flash of nervous, happy anticipation went through her. She'd been tied up between faceless doctors and Mori, who she couldn't stand, and it seemed like her job was slowly becoming a chore, something to be hated. Since work and sleep was the basis of her life, the thought that the only part of her day she would enjoy were the parts she was unconscious made her a bit uneasy. Working with a competent doctor would surely lift her spirits.

When she made her way to Murata's office, she was surprised to see a staff member she'd never seen before. He was outrageously tall, minimizing both Murata and her. Unsure who he was, Caroline made a brief look to his name tag only to be confronted with a name that she would absolutely butcher if she attempted to say it out loud. It bothered her slightly, but she hoped someone would say his name before she had to.

"Afternoon, gentlemen," Caroline greeted anyway, her thumbs tucked lazily in her back pockets.
Caroline Livingston
Caroline Livingston

Back to top Go down

Post by Murata Kirito Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Kirito returned the tiny nod of his head when the two finally filed into the office, clutching the clipboard thoughtlessly to his chest. Kirito paid no mind that the other man was quite a bit taller than he – in reality, most people around here were. The surgeon didn’t seem to let that phase his own appearance any.

“Livingston… Ti-…ghe…” The man struggled somewhat with the names, despite having done his research to figure out who was who didn’t mean he quite had the hang of pronunciation yet. It didn’t help that he did indeed have a slight Asian accent of his own despite being perfectly fluent in English. Regardless he proceeded right on into business, pulling his clipboard back and letting his good eye drift over the scribbles that made sense only to him. As per typical doctor stereotypes, Kirito’s handwriting was tough to read.

“I am Doctor Murata. As I’m sure you know, I’ve been transferred over to this wing of the hospital.” Temporary, permanent… who knew. Offering a gloved hand for a firm handshake to the pair of them, he continued. No nonsense chit chat around him.

“I’ve visited with patient Parker, and I want to assign you two to his case.” He paused briefly, arching both brows as if he waited, waiting for them to give some sort of sad excuse as to why they couldn’t be bothered to do their jobs correctly. Maybe he didn’t have high hopes for this end of staff… hopefully they could change his mind.
Murata Kirito
Murata Kirito

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Raphael was late. He checked his watch and frowned while plodding down the hallway. Punctuality was his strong suit and therefore it displeased him to see the large hand of the analog face so far from where it should be. It couldn't be helped, however, since he very well couldn't pause his patients whenever he was called upon. He slowed as he arrived at Dr. Murata's office, finding the door open and the space inside quite occupied. A large, dark hand ruffled through even darker hair, pushing it from his face and smoothing it over in a more presentable manner.

"My apologies, Dr. Murata," he stated after a quiet knock announced his presence. Raphael offered his superior a quick nod of acknowledgement and respect, a similar gesture offered to Caroline whom he recognized and the third gentleman whom he did not.
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Tighe Cadeyrn Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Cadeyrn turned his head when he heard footsteps, his brows lifting in intrigue at the woman that entered the office.  His eyes went heavy lidded as he looked her over, lips quirking a little as he did.  He'd never seen her, which was a shame as there were so few women in the hospital, but he took the opportunity to read her name from her name tag and commit it to memory.

His attention slid back to Kirito when he began to speak, however, forcing his face to remain neutral when the surgeon struggled a little with his name; everyone did but it never failed to amuse him.  Cadeyrn nodded his head at the introduction, reaching out to shake the other man's hand, taking immediate notice of the surgeon's gloves.  It wasn't unusual to see doctors wandering the halls wearing gloves, but it did speak volumes about the man so he stored it away in his memory.

At Kirito's next words he looked thoughtful, his eyes moving to stare up at the ceiling in thought. "Parker?  His name has crossed my desk."  Then again, due to him being the only psychiatrist, a lot of names had. "I can--"

Cadeyrn glanced back towards the door at the knock, brows lifting, stamping down the mild annoyance from being interrupted.  He'd never seen the man who entered before and took the moment to look him over, lips quirking a little.  Cadeyrn nodded at the new arrival in silent greeting before looking back to Kirito, continuing where he left off.

"As I was saying.  I can make him a priority on my list." he made a mental note to go and see this patient as soon as their meeting concluded. "I should be able to speak with him later today."
Tighe Cadeyrn
Tighe Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Murata Kirito Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Kirito must have messed something up, swapping Nurse Livingston for Nurse Gives Light instead. Dark eyes stared down at the paperwork in his hands while thoughts cleared correctly through his head, eventually the doctor clearing his throat and resuming business as the native entered the room, only a few minutes late.

He gave a brief tip of his head in acknowledgement to the apology, but resumed speaking once he pulled his dressed palm back against his own body.
“As I was saying… Patient Parker. I have met with him, I would like to see him prescribed Zaleplon nightly to help him sleep.” The Japanese motioned over toward Raphael, dictating the direction. “With weekly Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, then I will meet with him in three weeks to reassess and see what else needs to progress.”
He brushed against the paper in his hold, despite the fact that there was nothing really lingering there. “He is prone to violence, so tread lightly.”

The sound of crinkling pages filled the room as he flipped to the next set of notes he had on the patients he’d met with.
“As for Patient Lee… I would like to see nightly doses of Paroxetine given to him, and again, weekly Psychodynamic Therapy and Hypnotherapy. I want to see if these ‘voices’ in his head are a serious problem or…” He trailed off, giving the pair a flat look out from behind shaggy dark bangs. In fact, most of his features hardly ever changed. “… if it is all just a cry for attention. I have serious doubts, since nobody has seemed to take note of it before.”

Allowing for the silence to pull between them, Doctor Murata waited patiently to see what the others had to say.
Murata Kirito
Murata Kirito

Back to top Go down

Post by Gives Light Raphael Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:05 pm

It had been a few weeks since his last unfortunate encounter with Mori and even now he had to shift his weight uncomfortably back and forth between a busted shin and it's healthy counterpart. He did so with the grave hope the wound would continue to go unnoticed, but he felt like he stuck out like a sore thumb.

He nodded stiffly when Murata turned to address him. Parker's recommendations made sense, though he would have said violent was an understatement. A few nights of Zaleplon would likely mellow him out indeed, that kid needed a clearer head before any real work could take place.

It was Lee's assessment that he had a minor issue with. He cleared his throat quietly, dark eyes moving to meet his superiors. "If I may, I believe Paroxetine might not be the best choice for Mr. Lee. Whether the personality disorder is authentic or not, when I evaluated him he scored a 68 on his Zung. The side effects of Paroxetine may be easier but I feel he needs something stronger with better clinical trials like Escitalopram, especially given his past of suicidal tendencies." Raphael got the feeling that few people found the courage to speak up in disagreement with Murata, but it was obvious (or at least he hoped it was) that he spoke with a magnitude of respect.
Gives Light Raphael
Gives Light Raphael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down